Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
120574 tn?1240767840

Recurrance ? Constipation?

Could constipation be a sign of recurrence?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Terrin2, the digestive tract normally wiggles, squirms and generally moves as it goes about its business of turning the food we eat into either the nutrients we need or into the waste we eliminate.  For women like us who have had invasive abdominal surgery, adhesions are a fairly common consequence of surgery affecting the stomach and colon (small and large both).  Surgeons usually use a surgical fabric or gel inbetween organs to avoid adhesions from forming.  The most frequent problem with adhesions is a constriction of the small intestine, producing constipation and sometimes causing complete bowel blockage.  This may not necessarily be what you
Helpful - 0
120574 tn?1240767840
Thanks for the info.  I thought this could be possible.  I did tell the Dr. about it.  He said something along the lines of this as well.  I had my cat scan one month ago, did not show anything in that area.  Thanks again....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.