Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

complex ovarian cyst

yes i was diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst with debri in my right ovary. what exactly is it? and can it be life threatening?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hello to anybody an deverybody
new today to this support forum....I am in Hawaii out of Canada and 48 hrs ago they discovered I have a 7.2cm lesion on left ovary -they see neoplasm in the differential....what is that!!!
I have scared myself silly, do not know anybody here, or any of the drs. I see two gyns tomorrow - to decide whihc one i feel comfy with and the best care........I am convinced I have OC!!!
My mind is racing an d I sure could use some support at the moment.    I had bad stomach/abdomen paid which had gone away and they found the mass on the ultrasound.....I wonder if they take a long time to develop I have been feeling great........
now am just terrified....does anybody know stats on these tumours for benign or malignancies??

Toadster in Maui
Helpful - 0
I did read recently that the problem with these type of cysts is that if they burst and are full of gunk they can cause peritonitis which needs immediate medical attention.   I had a large simple fluid filled cyst that doctor just wanted to watch.  It burst and all was well.  But when I got the complex cyst (2 on one ovary, both over 3 cm) doctor wanted them removed.  I lost my ovary and tube due to those.  

Hope everything turns out okay for you.

Aretta
Helpful - 0
Hi Elizabeth,

Do you know the size of your cyst or have any other information from the ultrasound report? I'm assuming you had an ultrasound, since debris was seen.
I've had a few similar cysts, with debris - they were all very small 1.5 cm or less. My gyn has watched them come and go for almost a year. Since they resolve on one side, then I will get another on the other ovary - and it also goes away (they never get big - I also have no syptoms), she doesn't consider them threatening at all.

Hope this helps.

Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.