Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ginger, tumeric, carctol, etc.

I've been reading the thread about taking ginger supplements and also doing lots of research on alternative therapies.  At the bottom of the last message thread on ginger, someone listed a number of good things to do, including "carctol" which I have never heard of. Look at the web page link below.  Has anyone used this or heard of it?  There is so much "quackery" out there for cancer cures I want to make sure I am focusing my efforts correctly.  Thanks  

http://www.carctolusa.com/index.htm
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
167426 tn?1254086235
You use the ball to roll on , blow it up so that it has some give and then get on the floor and roll the abdomen over it.  Health fitness centers  use it to break up fatty tissues. A massage therapist also can use massage to break them up and tell you how certain exercizes work. All surgery must be healed before doing any of this . Adhesions may start to form in a matter of weeks, it is the bodies way of trying to heal missing tissue. But the adhesions do more harm than good as they tend to tie up the organs and sometimes shut down systems by choking them off. I bought my daughters at WalMart back in the sports department. If more people knew about this , many would not have to have the further surgery it causes to get rid of the adhesions. There are many sites to read about the use of the ball on the web.  I found most of what I needed for research by looking for the terms  Medicine Ball  Adhesions. Good Luck
Helpful - 0
Thanks to all for the comments.  

SimplyStar- can you tell me more please about the medicine ball and breaking up adhesions?  What does your duaghter do with the ball and why?  Thanks
Helpful - 0
Hi SimplyStar....I've heard that too much dairy is not good for ovarian cancer, but I've not been able to substantiate that, so would be interested in yours, or anyone else's opinion on this. As I've heard this from a couple of different sources, I've decided to cut down on the dairy, although I still have milk in tea or coffee, but on other occasions, either soy or rice milk. This could be a fallacy of course, but since I've heard it more than once, I began to wonder.
I hope your daughter is doing really well, and it sounds like she's doing a good diet there. Best wishes....Helmar.
Helpful - 0
I've read about that acid systems promote illness and cancer.  What diet is it that helps you stay more alkaline? I cant remember?
Helpful - 0
Hi Violet, my wife took carctol with the approval of her OnC, his feelings were, you just never know, as it is herbal based capsels, he felt would not harm the chemo which was taken at the same time. With carctol, its just not taking the capsels, but a complete change of diet, you have to convert from a acid body to a alkaline. Vi took the whole course, although we could never know if or what was helping, she felt better, which as her OnC says was the most important. It also seemed to help with the blood work at the same time.
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Doing the research for my daughter I was overwhelmed also. We decided to go with ginger, only time will tell if it helps or not. She drinks the tea and has the capsules {500 mg} that she takes just twice a day, we don't want to overload her system. She drinks green and sage tea also. A very healthy diet with as much exercize as possible.  We are keeping a diary daily since her chemo ended. Comparsion of weekly blood work etc. Got the medicine ball to break up adhesions, to prevent futher surgery and pain. We have tried to take preventive measures to form a positive approach. She takes a stool softener twice a week. Drinks lots of fluids to cleanse the dying cells from her body. A good sweat is good for the system as it is through that, the dead cancer cells are excreted also. Occasionally she eats a dark chocolate candy bar. She does not have a weight problem. We decided not to put any more poison into her body so we stick with fresh fruit, veggies, we get organic when we can, lean meat, unsweetened yougurt, cranberry juice, dairy products, lots of milk, she uses very little sugar. So far so good, she has been feeling pretty good compared to when she was in between chemos. I am a Registered Nurse/Nutrionist and would never put my daughter in peril. The charting is important to see what progress is being made. Good hygiene is also important. Keep all appointments and ask the questions you have and get answers to them.
Helpful - 0
Hi Ras50... Yes,there are lots of 'extras' advertised as being whizz-bang cures for this and that, and I just think that although it's a personal choice as to whether you get 'sucked in' on any of this, one needs to just look at the 'big picture'. Of course, the people who promote a lot of this 'stuff' are making heaps of money as they target mostly cancer patients, fully well knowing that in most cases, we are desperate to do whatever we can to fight the cancer. I don't take any 'extras'... I eat healthy with lots of fresh fruit and veggies,I walk a lot, and also enjoy some red wine and dark chocolate. I've spoken with my Oncol. about the merits of taking 'extras' and he says that sometimes they can have an adverse affect on the chemo, so one needs to check in with the Doctor/Oncol. to ensure that it's o.k. if you are on chemo. He also added that if there was some wonderful pill or potion for us to take, then he would know about it. I guess it's just a personal choice, and we do what we are most comfortable with.
Wishing you all the best, and hope you are feeling well...Helmar.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.