Aa
A
A
A
Close

im online in HONOLULU

HY CYSTERS    WELL TODAY IS FINAL DR DAY AND TO HSOP FOR PRE A ADMISSIN ETC
IM A WRECK WHERE DID THAT PEACE GO TO........URBAN GAL NEED YOU
ANYBODY WANT TO EMAIL ME HERE TIL TOMORROW AM ITS ***@****  im so tempted to chicen out just go for the ovary removal but think th doc said lets take it all because as we age - if another one shows up the malignancy rate is higher that way i dont ever have to worry ever again -
dont laugh you guys im thinkng ok lets do the whole thing with an epidural - lol scared of anesetic today, barfing, waking up no controlall that stuff - wow
last night was very nice walked 3 miles on waikiki beach had dinner shopped and watched the sunset and looked at everybody fromarund the world, wondering how many woman have gone thr what we have or have something inthre and dontknow it yet..funny

does any body have help on recovery from a totl hyst?  I dont have a clue what to do..........

would love to hear from anyboy pl feel free to email me too

im praying hard its all fine, imrellytrying, this time tomorrow
it willbe done at 4 pm hawaiian time im 2 hrs behind west coast,, and 5 east coast
I willcheck back with more info later ths aft when i get back to the hotel room - i know its a tough choie everybodyhas their own opinion but if i go for th whole thing which he has booked thee opp room for, wwhat abouthormones!   He told me I might not need them unless I cant stand the hormonal thingies - you kow as I amperimenopausal now - night ssweats, moodswings, etc.
Loas of love andthans from myheart for allyour encuraging words
Th
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
121033 tn?1202886794
Hi Toadster. Pretty sure I'm a little late, but maybe not. It's already the 5th December here but I'm in Australia and we are ahead of you (timewise of course, I certainly wouldn't be so brash as to suggest otherwise!!!!)! Good luck. I'm sure all will go well with your surgery. You make sure you get lots of rest and help afterwards! NO LIFTING OKAY???!!! Let yourself be waited on for a while. Look forward to hearing from you on the RS!

Vixen
Helpful - 0
Dont know if you will get this before (dont know time diff for you and uk)but here's hoping. Good luck.I love aneasetic(what a way to go)one min your are wide awake the next its all done.Wow.One of the previous post said about a towel on the scar line and i can second that especially when on the toilet(bm ect)im 12 days post -op and i still grab a towel when i go. More like a security thing than anything as it very rare the clips ect open,but you still tend to fear it.Make sure you try to walk upright(there is a tendancy to walk hunched up due to muscles being pulled about)i got a battleaxe shouting at me"walkstraight". I did ask if she wanted to try having the op and walking but would you believe she declined.Now find its onlywhen i first get up from sitting or if i stand for too long. Will be thinking of you later today. Good luck Dawn
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
Good luck tomorrow!  I'll be praying that all goes well.  Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Sharon
Helpful - 0
HI...I'm here!!! Funny you mention that about the epidural.I asked my Doc the same thing,I didn't want the anestesia but you know what that was the easiest part! I had no real bad effects from it..NOwadays they wake you up real fast so much so I actually woke up in the op room (after surgery!)..YOu're description about WAikiki brings me back...I used to work for Air Canada so I've been many many times.LOVE IT!!where are you staying?
Maryxx
Helpful - 0
155056 tn?1333638688
You will get thru tomorrow fine....I hate being under too and thought about an epidural, the doctors wouldn't do it and you really don't want to be awake......I'll be thinking about and tomorrow will be over before you know it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Helpful - 0
I sent you an email. Best wishes to you. Hey I look at what I am facing tommorrow. I wish I would have had all my stuff taken when they were in there 4 years ago. Now its back in for more problems. If you have an opportunity to get it all taken care of you might be better off. I just wish I would have had this ovary out with the rest of my stuff. But hind sight is always 20/20 RIGHT? Oh well its here we just have to deal with what we are dealt. You have  a wonderful support group here LEAN LEAN LEAN. Everyone is different and we all handle things differently. Best wishes and prayers tommorrow. Mine is at noon East Coast time.
shirl
Helpful - 0
Toadster!!!YOOHOO how you holding up? Try to relax if you can good luck. Take care and do what you are told. Thats hard to do as a woman. I don't always listen well. prayers to you shirl
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
My pre-op nurse asked me if I had opted for an epidural.  It would have been in addition to general anesthesia.  I told her I hadn't thought about it, and she said, "Oh, you'll wish you'd done it when you wake up.  You are likely to be in so much pain!"  I thought about it, but decided against it.  My incision was nearly 12 inches long, and took about 85 staples to close.  But you know, I never had any pain with it whatsoever.  In fact, surgery was the easiest part of my whole diagnosis.  I healed very quickly, and never had a lot of pain.  Of course each individual experience is different, but whatever you choose, you will be offered plenty of pain killing drugs.  They will not let you suffer.    

Best wishes to you tomorrow.  I know you are feeling the nerves creeping in, but thats only normal.  This will soon be over!  By the way, I was born in Hawaii...Tripler Army Hospital.  I was just back to visit Waikiki in June.  So beautiful!  Wish I was there with you!  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I'm opting for a total hyst with both ovaries - I think I will get more value from not worring about the one left over than I will from it staying in.  When they get you up to walk hold a small pillow or folded towel against your incision - this will really help.  Walk as soon as they will let you - you'll feel better quicker and your bodily functions will return quicker!  Let us know how everything goes.  Enjoy Hawaii - we have 15 inches of snow here and it's very cold.  Hugs from me - V
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hoping we hear from you soon as know you will be back from pre-op soon.  I had epidural and I was not awake but if that was an option your surgeon had for you, guessing he would have offered it by now, it is kind of up to them whether based on your med history.  Don't sweat that as either will knock you out.  They are so good about administering anti-nausia meds etc to avoid the usual bad side effects of general it is not at all unusual not to have any of the side affects.  Try not to sweat it Kathy and if you do, you know where we are!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.