Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Step Parenting Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

1 - 20 (of 329) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have 3 kids (7,9,11) from my previous marriage. I'm 8 months pregnant with boyfriend who has 2 kids (7,9). When we first got together he seen his kids EOW and I was his world, treated me like I was NUMBE...
  Posted
9334757 tn?1418163588
As much as I hate the term that's what she calls herself. My husband had a child from a previous relationship. As soon as she found out about me she freaked and wouldn't let him see his daughter. She has let him visit from time to time b...
  Posted
I always feel like i am not wanted around the house when he is around. He is very mean and orders me and my younger sister around (She is 11 years old, I am 14.) My step dad did not legally adopt any of us kids yet, ( My older sis she i...
  Posted
I dread any minute I have to spend with step kid. Husband wants to go to a sporting event. I love to go to sporting events. Just not when we have his kid. Why am I so grumpy
  Posted
My husband and I have a blended family. I really struggle because my mother inlaw always has my 7 year old step son and allows and promotes behavior that is not ok. He is allowed to cuss, scream at others, be rude and hateful and there a...
  Posted
My husband thinks that I completely changed on the weeks that we have his kid I try and act normal but for me it's a week of hell I don't look forward to seeing the kid I don't look forward to the way her life change when this kid is ...
  Posted
My husband and I have one big issue that leads us living separately and maybe heading for divorce. The problem is that he and his 14 year old daughter are treating each other like a couple rather than father and daughter. The therapist t...
  Posted
Just *****. No words. My life is wonderful every other week. ***** the opposite week. Does it ever get better? 7 year old SS acts like he can't hear or understand English when I speak to him. Cries every time I correct him for something....
  Posted
Hi I've been with my husband for 9yrs but married for 1yr, his daughter is 27 with a partner and a 2yr old son, she never visits her dad anytime she wants to see him he must take her out on his own for a meal, he also had a 19yr old son,...
  Posted
I have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years now and through our entire relationship he has been battling for custody with a woman who is an addict. To make things worse last February the woman overdosed and passed away. Then to make thin...
  Posted
My ex husbands fiancé just told me that when my daughter is over at the house that she showers with my daughter who is only 6 to show her how to clean herself and wash her hair. They have only been together for a year and a half and they...
  Posted
I have a 15 year old step son who has been trying to separate his dad from me. A little over three years ago my husband and I met at that time and he had 100% custody of his son who lived with him. I had a 6 year old son, who is now nig...
  Posted
My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years. He has a daughter from a previous relationship (they were never married) and they had my step-daughter very young (late teens). My step-daughters mother is a real piece of work. She ...
  Posted
I have a 12yr old step daughter that hates me. I married her father almost four yrs ago who is a widower and brought two kids into our marriage from my first marriage. My step daughter HATES me. She is jealous of my two boys from my firs...
  Posted
Hi, I have been with my partner for 3 years. He has 4 children. I am 30 he is 41. I have no children. We have lived together with the children for 2 years. Until recently the eldest 3 (16, 16, 14) lived with the mom as the father is qui...
  Posted
I am a step-father of three good kids and husband to wonderful woman. Married for only a short time now and it seems our ideas seem to clash now as to a few things. We recently spok...
  Posted
5981907 tn?1383752469
So, I'm going to try and make this as short and sweet as possible. I am a 26 year old female dating a man who is 32. He has two young sons ages 4 and 6. We are expecting our first child together in about 8 days. We are not yet marrie...
  Posted
I am sure I have bored my friends with my problems so I thought maybe anyone with a similar life would have some advice. Me and dad aren't really married but been together for 7 years. I have been around his son since day 1 and accepted...
  Posted
I need some brutal honesty. I have a step son who is 4, and I've always been in his life (his dad and I were best friends when he was born, then started to date when he was about 1, we got married when he was almost 3 and now he's almost...
  Posted
Its so hard. I am told by my husband that being stepmom to his 7 year old ‘is what I make it’ in other words, if I want to consider him my own… then he is my own. That’s all great until husband disagrees with me… for example, I wanted t...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources