Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

unusually severe headache followed by periods of unconsciousness

I am a 28 year old male in good health (no recent falls or head injuries). So, yesterday I was laying in bed trying to get some sleep after a late night of work.  I had a sudden onset of an extremely severe headache mainly on the top half of my head.  It was like nothing I had felt before, worse than an infected tooth, and brought me to tears.  It lasted around 10 minutes.  My vision was blurred.  My neck was a little stiff on the left side also. I felt nauseous and had her turn the lights off because my eyes were sensitive.  After it subsided my girlfriend who was very concerned at this point observed me fall in and out of consciousness several times.  She says that she was trying to get a shirt on me to take me to the hospital and during the process my eyes closed and I went limp as if I was sleeping.  This happened a few times every several minutes.  She says my eyes rolled back in to my head and when she got me to open them that my pupils would dilate small to big very fast.  I had not eaten yet that day and was under a lot of stress.  I tried to tell her that it was a panic attack but she didn't think so.  After it was over she observed a lump behind my ear (on the head) that felt sore to the touch (in the area where the neck pain was).  She says it looks a little red (just a raised area, less than an inch, not hard, just a little fluffed up).  I just racked up thousands in medicals bills from a finger injury that needed surgery and dread another trip to the doctor.  Please help.

-Stubborn man with a concerned girlfriend
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you must have this checked out ASAP!!whats more important? rackin up a few more bills or something more serious? please go maybe it was a fluke thing, but it sounds like you need to have yourself examined today. take care of yourself.
Helpful - 0
Think of it this way if it is something tht needs fast attention and you wait your bills will be even larger. Don't take the risk, better safe than sorry. Stiff neck and really bad headache can be signs of meningitis.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1714899967
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.