Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
125112 tn?1217273862

Week prior and during menstruation-everything worse?

Ladies, I was wondering for those of you having any condition-is it/are they made worse the week prior and during your menstruation?

The reason that I ask this, is that if I am having GI symtoms, anxious about something (etc. whatever)...during the time prior and during menses-it seems to make it considerably worse.

What brought me to this conection was, in begining to feel anxious just before my period, months ago.
I sat there thinking of how well I was doing and here I am-feeling bad again...just before my period started. Fast forward, months later and low and behold, I feel worse leading up and during my period. When it's over, I feel better.

With the exception of my teen years, my periods didn't cause any problems. Save for feeling tired and a little cranky. This year, it's been another story.

I'm just wondering if this occurs to other ladies as well?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
125112 tn?1217273862
sk2006a:

No, I haven't. I don't think it's a problem of mine but am certain that I had Endo in my teen years. In giving birth to my first child, that solved that.

shyan:
I know that I am not  bpd. I have panicked in the past and do think I have anxious moments. Right now, I am working on getting things resolved. With the exception of a CBC (having a high WBC-low BUN)-no other tests/exams have been performed. If all comes back clean or of no real concern, then...I will seek treatment for anxiety, possibly depression. That is, if the Sam-E doesn't work (just ordered some).

boninclyde & charley1986:

Chalk it up to science-some things known, some theory...and so much unknown!
Is it just me, or does it just seem like medical issues pertaining more towards women...seem to be taken less seriously?
What ever is troubling me- be it g.i. issues, tension etc...is much worse around the menses. In other words, half the month it's tolerable and the other half with menses is the real pits.
Prior to my problems, years ago I made the connection that drinking alcohol around/on my menses didn't mix. It seemed to heighten the effects of alcohol and felt much worse the next day...even if only drinking a few beers.
Something about this time that simply doesn't agree with certain things.
Helpful - 0
Hey, I have had the same stuff happening to me for alot ofyears now and I remember when I made the connection - I talked to my gyn about  it and he said it had nothing to do with it.....ok, so then I found a female gyn!  Lots of physical stuff gets worse for me - the headaches, sometimes I have fever blisters, cysts, - etc - once it is all over, everything else is fine.
You are not alone!!!!!
Helpful - 0
127512 tn?1193742216
I have had numerous problems for 4 years this November. One major one being I break out in hives 1 week before period unitl 1 week after. I have shared this with doctors and they checked my hormones and say I am fine. Just strange this always happens around my period. No one listens. I know they have to be connected some how. Had every test imaginable.
Helpful - 0
opps, i meant panic* disorder or borderline-personility disorder.
and yes i am going through it, luckly my period only shows when it feels like it.
Helpful - 0
panice disorder or borderline-personility disorder.
seriously look into it, so u can learn coping skills for the 10 days before ur period.
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
have you been checked for endometriosis?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.