Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weird symptoms- possibly CFS?

I have had a number of these for a while and its beginning to make me wonder. Guess I'll go with a list.

-Mental Fogginess/difficulty concentrating/difficulty remembering
-parasthesia, tingling, brurning sensations
-tiredness
-occasional jitters in arms and legs
-anxiety (so much that I nearly threw up before my last test)
-spine-chills (I guess thats the proper term)

The spine-chilling I mean is the sensation you get throughout your body when excited or worried sometimes; it seems it happens a lot easier now, for instance when I'm listening to a song I like. Im only 20 (so although theres no hard and fast rules about such things) its not likely its MS, ALS, or Brain Tumors. But my symptoms still kinda worry me. I was thinking perhaps CFS but I'm not sure. Any ideas on what it is or better yet, what to do about it?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Do you have a lot of aches and pains? Both Cfds and fibromyalgia sufferers have pain which feels like it's in their joints and muscles. I've had Fibro for decades. Brain fog is just one of the symptoms. Fatigue, and at times crashing fatigue is another symptom.  You just have to stop what you're doing and lay down, you can get dizzy or feel weak. That's the kind of fatigue you can experience with Cfids or fibro. Cfds can lay you up in bed. You should also get your thyroid checked, that can make you feel tired despite sleep and feel sluggish and brain foggy. You should also get a blood test to rule out anemia.
Helpful - 0
You might want to check into the Marshall Protocol (MP). Its not for everyone, but if you (You as in general) are sick enough, and other options haven't worked, the MP seems to be the way to go. Been on it since August, and though I know it's a long term treatment, I know it's working and I think is worth looking into if you're dealing with any type of autoimmune disorders or symp's. Wow, you've never heard of Fibromyalgia (FMS)? It usually goes hand in hand with CFS or CFIDS. But yeah, they are both disorders the MP addresses. Go to marshallprotocol.com and read "Essential information about the MP" & "Marshall Protocol FAQ's". Again its not for everyone, but it IS a proven successful curative therapy, not just a treatment of symptoms.
I also believe that parathesia with CFIDS (and other disorders) can happen in extremities or in the face as well as anywhere in the body. Many symp's overlap or mimic other problems, that is one reason CFIDS/FMS is hard to diagnose. But it is all individual and affects people in different ways. Look up "Hypervitaminosis-D" as well on the MP site.
Glad you avoid Aspartame! had to ask!
Keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
Hmm, after some research, CFIDS seems to fit, although each condition seemed plausible. Especially since the site I looked atmention Parashthesia in the face, whereas the other ones only mentioned the extremeties. So how do I kick this thing, regular exercise and eating healthy? Also in response to the aspartame thing, I avoid aspartame and don't commonly eat/drink stuff with Splenda in it.
Helpful - 0
As for tiredness, basically I feel sleepy, no matter how much I sleep. It gets better if I do stuff, but if I sit still for more than 10 or 15 min I'm ready for nap time again. I will check into this fibromyalgia thing (never heard of it.)
Helpful - 0

I agree with Hityty. When someone has CFS or fibro, the nervous system is involved and I believe that is one of the reasons why CFS or fibro patients' list anxiety as a symptom.... that and along with having this condition on top of it ! CFS also involves the immune and endocrine system.

Helpful - 0
I second what Glad2 said. It's just my opinion, but your symp's sound similar to a lot of things, including CFS or CFIDS, but they also mimic anxiety too. You might want to Google CFS, CFIDS, & Fibromyalgia. fmnetnews.com is a good site for info.
You mentioned you are tired, can you expound on that? Oddly enough, there is a difference between fatigue, tiredness, sleepiness, low energy, etc. It could be something as simple as a food allergy, but if its not addressed it could become debilitating. I'd say see your doctor.
Oh, one more thing, does your diet include any artificial sweeteners, such as Aspartame, Sucrolose, Splenda? They are often found in diet foods, diet soda's and energy drinks, read every label of everything you eat, and make sure to take it out of your diet if it contains any of these poisons. Some will argue that they are harmless, but an overwhelming majority can attest to these sweeteners as toxic & hazardous, causing all sorts of symptoms, including the ones you listed. (They are also put in toothpaste, vitamins, medications, etc.) Keep us posted, K!
Helpful - 0
I'm typically not someone that goes to "anxiety disorder", because I hate it when people do that.  However, it does sound as if your circumstances, and your symptoms could all be caused by anxiety.  Your mind can do some pretty powerful things to your body.  Have you seen any kind of doc?  
Also, simple fatigue (especially if you're studying for exams, and haven't slept regularly) can cause alot of the symptoms you are naming.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.