Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic Diarrhea, Help!

OK...I have had it!!  I have had this problem now for at least 3 years.  I have diarrhea all the time.  Right after I eat, I have to go to the bathroom.  Sometimes, I have pain so bad that I get dizzy and break out into a cold sweat.  Sometimes I get the pain and cold sweat and a feeling that I am going to vomit.  I often have to sit on the toilet with a bucket in my lap.  I dont eat breakfast anymore because I dont want to have what I call a "bowel attack" at work.  There are certain things that I will only eat at home.  When I am having these attacks It feels like my insides are going to come out.  I am scared.  I dont want to go to the doctor because I really do not want to get anything stuck in my butt.  I am afraid that I have cancer.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is NOT normal.  I, too, have had chronic diarrhea.  Various doctors over the years have told me to take Immodium AD - Extra Strength, which did nothing to stop it.

Finally, my new internist 'heard' me and referred me for a colonoscopy.  The GI doctor was only able to do a partial colonoscopy because of 'blockage' - to make a long story short.  This should have been dealt with years ago and was ignored by other doctors.  Many times they think it is just nerves.

Now I am waiting to be scheduled for major intestinal surgery. Something is narrowing my intestines I could have adhesions (scar tissue) from a previous exploratory surgery 39 years ago - and the follow up with a Barium Enema with contrast revealed a cyst on my liver - which will also be removed during surgery. A portion of my colon has to be removed - I may or may not end up with a colostomy, the surgeon cannot tell me until she opens me up.

For those 'afraid' of a colonoscopy - there are now Virtual Colonoscopy procedures available through imaging centers - where you have an MRI.  I did not have one of these because I did not know they existed until after I had mine.  The cost is the same -but you do need doctor's orders to have this procedure done.

Know that Colon Cancer is the second leading cause of death - it is nothing to mess around with - and do not ignore such symptoms as chronic diarrhea until it is remedied and the source discovered!

All these years of severe diarrhea (unable to work) because of other health problems - I 'assumed' the diarrhea was from silicone poisoning.  Now it may or may not be related.  The important thing with any health problem is to get it checked immediately and if that does not give you answers - then get it checked another way!
Helpful - 0
Don't warry: your symptoms are not what you think. You can start warring only when some blood appears in your feces.

We recommend food detoxification first. Follow Anti- Vata diet from http://www.kronon-offshore.com/Health-en/atyrveda/vata.htm , also check at http://gonow.to/health Diet Therapies, find Digestive problems and  make the necessary adjustments to your everyday diet.

You may fax me to +1-815- 846-8463, or send to [email protected] the results of your latest medical examinations and I'll try to advise you further.

Definitely homeopathic medicines can relatively quickly cure your problems, but you should follow only the advises of a licensed homeopath, the one who you can be sure of.

Ultimate Health Center
Dr. A. Fountoulis NMD, DHOM, DAy

Go NOW to Health!
http://gonow.to/health
***@****
Helpful - 0
dys
GO TO THE DOCTOR!
i have lots of bowel problems..it genreally alternates between severe diahreha most of the time and severe constipation some of the time.
for a long time it was so bad that i wouldnt eat, 5 min after the food had entered my mouth it left the other end.  when i didnt eat i would get bowel movements after drinking something.  its horribly depressing to have no control, and you should not have to deal with it.  
One thing that did help somewhat was vitamins, i went to a doctor who checked my vitamin levels and i was deficient in nearly everything (from not eating for a few years)  so TAKE VITAMINS! even lots, he had me on over 10 a day.  
get checked out!  the tests you go through are not nearly as bad as the pain you have to endure and i know that chronic diarrhea can be painful.  Also there are medications out there that can help with this sorta thing.
you should not have to live with this, you deserve help, dont let fear or shyness get in the way of that.
good luck and take care!~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem