Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Serious Problem

About 3 months ago, I began having heat flashes in the morning.  Essentially the feeling of feeling flushed, incredibly hot, and slightly panicked.  I wrote it off as poor diet.  A month or so ago, my stomach began to lightly burn, worse when empty, occasionally feel a knot.

Went to the doctor, and he perscribed Celexa, since I had mentioned the Anxiety.  I had a HORRIBLE reaction to it.  Chills, nausea, etc.  It made my stomach incredibly uneasy....still feeling worsened stomach condition two weeks later.

Blood tests showed borderline elevated liver enzymes, and nothing else.  Doctor didn't seem too concerned.  

I recently changed jobs and have no health insurance.  I'm worried, yesterday on the subway I had one of the worst bouts of heat flashes  I've had yet.  My stomach gurgles and churns, and sometimes feels like my guts are falling out.  I have been under significant stress the past two months, but I've never had these problems when under stress before.  Sometimes I have problems digestive

Thoughts?  I did for a long time not eat breakfast or lunch, and just drank coffee all day.  I'm sure this contributed.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have no idea what's wrong with you.  I have many problems, but you shouldn't drink Coffee.  Coffee may be the route all our stomach problems.  

I hope you find out what's wrong, I had many test and still don't have a clue.
Helpful - 0
I know exactly what you are talking about.  I have been battling this for the past 2 years.

I have gone through test after test and they still have not figured out what is wrong.

I have been told a couple of times that I have anxiety, but I do not think that is the cause of my problems.  

I feel that I have anxiety, but I believe that it is caused from whatever is physically wrong with me.

Let me know what you find out.

Best of luck to you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem