Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sharp pains in stomach so bad i'm doubling over in pain

I have no idea what's wrong with my stomach. I have sharp pains so bad that I double over. The doubled over pain is off and on but I have constant sharp pain. When I drink milk or pepto bismol (to coat it) it feels better for 15 to 30 min then hurts again. Is it possible that all the heavy pain medication that I had been on for 2 years could of damaged my stomache lining? I always took my meds with food. How can I stop the pain? I'll go to a dcotor if I have to but I can't afford the $60 right now. HELP ME PLEASE!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
for years i had stomach pains that doulbed me over. drs could find no cause and just guessed. then one dr did an endoscopy on me and it turned out that for years i had been suffering from GALLSTONES! as a result my gall bladder had shrunk. it was removed and now (4 years later) i've been pain free. check for gallstones.
Helpful - 0
i suffered from a spastic colon for years.  i would be doubled over and i would have to go to the hospital.  they took blood and found that my white blood cells were way off the chart but never could find out the problem.  i never was given a sure answer, they would give me a shot of demeral and then i was fine.  i found that alot of if not all was when i was under alot of stress and /or worried about things.  hope it helps.  take care
Helpful - 0
Please make an appointment immediately with a gastroenterologist (sp) I was only 39 years old and started getting these same pains, I was treated for a variety of possible illnesses for 6 months and the medication I was given was beginning to mask the pain. Fortunately, I had a endoscopy and biopsy done.  I had first stage stomach cancer.  It has been five years this month and I am still cancer free...the statistics for this disease are not encouraging and it is hard to diagnose.  Please see someone immediately.
Helpful - 0
I am no doctor but an expert on stomach pain.About 10 yaers ago I had the same thing..pain so bad I couldnt move ..i was doubled over in pain.My husband took me to the hospital,they told me it was gastritis.Please go to the doctor.I agree with the other comment ..tell them to bill you.Good luck and let us know what they say.

susu
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you might have an ulcer or gastritis. Pain medications often irritate the stomach and over time could lead to these conditions. I would see your doctor about getting some tests and/or changing your pain med situation.
Helpful - 0
Go to doctor and let him bill you for later. While you are waiting. try a heating pad on your stomach for alittle while. It always helps me.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem