Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chest Pain/Pylori

Hi,

I just started the treatment for H-PYLORI on Thursday 1/24/02, using 500 mg of Biaxm twice a day plus 500 mg of Flagyl twice a day, plus 40 mg of Priloc 1 once a day, all this for 14 days,
has any body had any luck with this treatment, and any side effects I should know about Thank You
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I sent you a post prior to his but didn't see it up. So, sending again. I took the Hpylori treatment called Helidac Therapy. I have heard from several people the treatment you are taking is the easiest one. Mine made me very sick. In fact, I only took it for 8 days and still erradicated the Hpylori. In Europe, the treatment is only 7 days with excellent results.

There are alot of side effects, one being extreme acid reflux! It took months to get better. Even now, I have problems eating and the Hpylori is gone.

Check with your doc about only taking it 7 days. Hope you get better!
Helpful - 1
I did the antibiotic therapy for pylori 2 yars ago.I got the first pack(the ones with the bismuth tablets...dont remember the name)my tongue swelled up from it,I just couldnt do it anymore...so they gave me another  therapy to do and it worked.

susu
Helpful - 0
..........On or about Novemeber 20, 2001 due to alcohol abuse I started to severe abdominal pain with dark tar looking blood in my stools. Went to see doc who pumped me immediately with Priolosec, ordered an H Pylory blood test (egg test) it came back negative but one "higher than acceptable" side, was then put on a Prevpac (lansoprazole, amoxillin, clarithromycin) 14 days I endured this medication, which made me feel better temporarly. Took it in as prescribed, changed my bad habits, and the pain, acidity still there. I bleed on and off, and feel now worse than where I started. I somehow believe that once we are at this point the entire digestive system gets thrown off and doesnt go back to where we want to be, Ive tried everything, and can honestly advise now, that once you start removing your tids and bits, i.e. gallbladder, exessive medication as PPIs, drastic food intake changes, the less likely you will heal. I am now just trying to take it extremely easy, not to stress over anything, and just eat at the right times. From the minute we wake up, to the minute we lay down, traffic, stress at work, disregard to your health, and lack of exercise are the real reasons why we get to the point that we do, I know I have paid a dearly for said behavior.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem