Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Right side abdominal pain

I've been having upper right quadrant abdominal pain for the last 2 1/2 years. It comes and goes. The area is tender when the pain is there. It is never excruciating, only annoying. I also have a lot of gas. I've had a hydascan and ultrasounds that were normal, so the doctor concluded I did not have gallbladder problems. I also had  CT scan that was normal. Blood tests show slightly elevated bilirubin (1.2). What could this be? I've been given antacids, as well as antispasmodics which didn't work. The last doctor I saw diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome, but I feel that the pain is too high (right under the bottom rib) to be my IBS. Could the doctor be right? I just find it hard to believe. Are there other tests they could do?

Thanks.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, right side pain was started.
Helpful - 0
DO NOT BELIEVE IN IBS...IT IS A CACTH ALL WHEN THEY CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER...READ UP ON IBS...PAIN IN THIS AREA IS USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE BILLIARY TREE..DO NOT GIVE UP.
Helpful - 0
Bi1
I have a constant pain in the right side at the bottom of my rib cage. This is also accompanied with low grade fever (around 100) in the evenings, as well as excessive sweating at night to the point of having to change my night shirt. My M.D. is thinking that it might be a viral gastrietis. I am going in for testing today.
Helpful - 0
Hello this is Pward///And to to let you know I have the same pain and And all my test came back normal also...But they decided to go ahead and take out me gallbladder this march 1 2002...My surgean said you can still have a bad gallbladder and none of the test will show anything..I dont have any gallstones...so I had a "disida"  test done and that came back normal  Friday I am having a "hepatobiliary imag" test done..who knows how that will go...But be persisteance it will pay off....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem