Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

stomach pain

For the past two months I have experienced severe stomach pain during my period.  This is not cramps, it has been so bad that I am in bed for a couple of days.  My stomach bloats and becomes hard.  I am unable to put pressure on any part of my stomach.  Once this pain goes away I find that for another couple of days when I eat I get the same type of pain right after eating, just not as severe.  I notice that I experience headache's much more often a couple of weeks before my cycle, also a large increase of weight only in the stomach area.  
I am only 38 and have been chocking this up to an early change of life.  I have also been had some very mild hot flashes and mood swings.  However, this has been going on for about six months.  I am concerned that one may have nothing to do with the other.  These pains that I have been experiences are nothing like I have ever felt.  Even child birth seems easy now.  
Should I be concerned?
Thanks
Willy
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same problem.I know it is not menstral related because i have a a complete hystorectomy (largly due to the pain).. I recently found out i have osteoarthritus in my spine and back which they think may be causeing the pain and bloating in my stomach.  If you find any reason please let me know I'm tired of being told it's all in my head (it's not)
Helpful - 0
I do not know what this is, but if you are interested you can email me and I will give you the email address of 2 naturopath doctors who will help you all they can.  On Tuesday nights, you can call a live conference call and ask questions also.  Please email me if you are interested in this information. ***@****
Helpful - 0
I am home with this right now.  This is the 1st time I've had this much pain in the stomach.  I don't think it is menstral related.  I can hardly move without causing severe pain and it has be prevelant on my right side. Very sore to touch in that area too. My stomach was so bloated yesterday I couldn't wear my normal clothes. Couldn't seem to relieve it after several movements. The bloat is gone but I also haven't eaten since yesterday.  But, the pain is still there.  I'm close to going to the doctor cause it feels like something has burst.  ????
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem