Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Problems in the lower anal regions

I had a baby july 2001.SInce i have had problems in my anus. first exsessive diareaha now when i poop there is a ripping feeling and sometimes i bleed for the hole.  almost always i have the pain, like a scratching burning feeling but i dont always bleed. lately i have had blood in my poop.  i am pretty sure i dont have hemeroids nothing is hanging out and it doesnt itch or burn or anything. i am worried it may be polups or the onset of ischemic bowel disease.  i have no insurance and such and am very afraid of the exspenses  what doctor should i see? what tests should i exspect? and are there programs that will pay/help with the $ issues that you can tell me of?  would appreciate all the help i can get thanks!!
jen
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
well actually i was already put under for colonoscopy so i did not feel no pain!

GOODLUCK!
Helpful - 0
when your gastro dr removed the hemeroide did it hurt? do they do it the same day the scoop you out?
Helpful - 0
my gastro dr. removed mine when he was in there but he told me to use stool softners because they will come back.Hope everything goes better for u!
Helpful - 0
for your internal hemeroids what do they do? pills? stowel softeners? will the go away?  and if left untreated can anything else happen with them??

Yes i did tear when i gave birth (not to mention the fact that it was all BACK LABOR!!) All in all though for a first delivery I did ok only took 12 hours..... but god the back labor nearly killed me.  I will never do it again! lol
Helpful - 0
to me it sounds like internal hemmoroids.I have them now  got them after i delivered my last child. didnt know i even had them, until i went to gastro doctor bacause i had a scratching feeling when i moved my bowels sometimes diarrea .The only way to find out is to have a colonoscopy done quite expensive though. Dont know of one will help because of insurance purposes though. Sorry!If i here of anything i will let u know!
Helpful - 0
Well, there's no doctor here, just patient to patient, so it's kind of hard to tell what could be your problem. Some women do tear up to the anus during childbirth so maybe that's it. You mentioned a tearing feeling. Probably best to just make an appt. with your family doctor first and you can be examined to find out what's causing your symptoms. If you tell them you don't have insurance they do really good about not ordering unnecessary tests and keep the cost down.
Helpful - 0
Lor
You could have an anal tear. My son had this. He was only 2, but I remember the bright red blood. Which seemed like a lot. The Dr put him on stool softeners. It did take awhile to heal. Did you tear during child birth? If you did it could have opened back up by simply a hard BM. Sounds weird , but get a mirror and look. An appointment at a Dr if not serious would be depending on where you live around $100 or less. You can also be seen at a health department in most cases for free. Medical bills never show up on your credit rating.
Helpful - 0
Thanks!  But I did say it doesnt itch or burn or anything like that.  I have an excersise regimen I follow that involves walking one mile every day and stretchs and such to lose those baby lbs i put on after baby was born.  I did not have this problem when i was pregnant i only got it after the baby was born.  Just wanted to set a couple things straight thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Hemmoroids can be internal and could cause the symptoms your describe of scratching, pain, bleeding after bowel movements. The only way to be sure it's not more serious is to see a doctor. Don't know about any health plans but probably someone else reading this will. As for what you can do now to see if it will help (if you have hemoroids), make sure not to get constipated by eating plenty of fiber and drinking lots of water, get some kind of exercize each day like walking), you can use an over the counter medicine like preparation H. It's very common for women to get hemmoroids during and after pregnancy. But any time you have bleeding you really should see a doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem