Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fear of Vomiting

Hi:

I just wanted to know if anyone else has a fear of vomiting? If so, what do you do when you feel like you might throw up?

Thanks,
Jen
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Can anyone help me? was started.
Helpful - 0
I also have a fear of this. I often feel sick to my stomach, I think sometimes it's become more pyshcological than ever just bec. I don't want to throw-up.
My advice to myself and you....don't think about it.
Helpful - 0
I also hate it and will do anything to avoid it. If I feel sick a hot water bottle on the tummy usually does the trick.
Helpful - 0
I believe I would rather die than vomit.  LOL!!!!  I was having an upper GI and while laying on the table I felt as if I was going to toss.  I told the radiologist and he said, I can see that, I am going to move you to your right side, so your stomach emptys faster.  Then he told me to breath through my nose.  Relax is the best thing to do.  If you stress out about it, more than likely you will vomit.  If possible get some Malox down there so the acid can be absorbed.  Don't wait to long to do these things or there is that point of no return. LOL!!!!  I hope this information is useful to you.
Helpful - 0
Hi,
I think alot of people have a fear of vomiting, I know I do and
so does some of my sisters. It is not a very nice thing for anyone. I get scared because I feel like I am losing my breath or choking..so if on the rare occasion i have to throw up I get a towel..go over the toilet and try to do it in small spurts and in between the spurts I wipe and breathe :o)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem