ADD / ADHD Community
5yr old w/ ADHD, OCD, ODD and Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

5yr old w/ ADHD, OCD, ODD and Anxiety

My five year old son was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, ODD and Anxiety last year after he was BAKER ACTED for saying he wanted to kill himself. They started and currently have him taking Zoloft 25mg and Metadate 10mg, they are not working. When he takes the two together whether at the same time or at separate hours he is worse off then when we started. It seems like they counter act each other. If I give him just the Zoloft, then he is fine, his anxiety is down and less violent, but climbs the walls and has to be given a benadryl to calm him down. If he is only given the Metadate then he is not as hyper, but very dangerous to be around when he "snaps". He was suppose to start Kindergarten this year, but because I don't feel he is safe to be around or even ready I have chosen to home school him instead. The psychiatric that he sees won't give him anything other than Zoloft and Metadate...though he did mention Ritalin (which from I read could make him more violent). I need to know of what other meds are out there that might help him so i can at least suggest them to the doctor at our next appointment.
Tags: 5yrs, help, meds, odds, Zoloft, school
krichar commented on stacey10's status
krichar, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status