Aa
A
A
Close
ADD Medication
I'm not sure if Concerta is working for me? I'm a 20 year old female and I was recently diagnosed with ADD. I was prescribed with 18mg of Concerta, once every morning. I didn't feel particularly focused, but I suppose less distracted than usual. I felt very calm and relaxed on the first day. But since the first day, I don't notice any difference at all.

A couple days before starting Concerta, I started to have abnormally intense hunger pangs to the point where my stomach would start growling every two hours if I didn't eat something. Even after starting Concerta, the hunger hasn't gone away but now I feel nauseous all day long. I'm having rather frequent BMs with occasional diarrhea. I also have really intense headaches (hydration doesn't help; I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day). And I'm not sure if this is normal, but I've noticed a definite drop in my motivation to do anything. I have some heart palpitations from time to time (PVC), I'm guessing that it's a result of taking stimulants; but no trouble sleeping.

Is this normal? Or should I ask my psychiatrist to switch to a different ADD medication?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1699033 tn?1443113373
Blank
JGF25 is optimistic...once again! Comment
5 hrs ago
Blank
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
19 hrs ago
982214 tn?1471458381
Blank
krichar commented on photo
23 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
Top Children's Development Answerers