ADD / ADHD Expert Forum
Adderall XR and Water diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD–ADHD) forum are answered by medical experts and professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adderall XR and Water diabetes

So i have been taking adderal XR 20mg for about 2 years now, and i know a side effect is dry mouth.  I therefore drink alot of fluids during the day, more than the usual person.  I always need to have a drink with me or I become extremely uncomfortable.  I have also been urinating alot, and sometimes to the point where I think i might not make it to the bathroom.  at night i normally wake up at least twice. (normally the urine is clear or close to clear) I told my doctor about my urinating problem, and he basically dismissed me saying i was too young for a bladder issue, im 25.  Anyway it has become a real problem in my life. So, I was doing research on bladder things and I read about nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.  it can be caused in adults by a reaction to medication. I was wondering if this could be a side effect of the medicine? if so is there anything i can do to control it short of drinking less water?  And is there any way to remedy the situation short of going to the doctor.  I do not have health insurance so it would be ideal if there was something i could do that does not involve doctors or prescriptions because both are quite expensive.  I would extremely appreciate any advice on this issue.  Thanks!
Related Discussions
  • Too much (7 replies):
    My 2 year old son drinks excessive amounts of water a d...[more]
  • Toddler diabetes (1 replies):
    I have adopted a two year old son. He is a little short ...[more]
  • Ultrasound (10 replies):
    Is it really that important to have your bladder full wi...[more]
  • liver enzyens (1 replies):
    Should a 14yr old girl have elevated liver enzyens level...[more]
  • chjlds medical (5 replies):
    what is it when blood shows up in urine
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
    that sounds extremely unpleasant, and worthy of being taken seriously. Unfortunately, as I am a psychologist and not a medical doctor, I can not give you medical advice. I am sorry to hear that you do not have medical insurance, and I hope that you will find a way to access medical care from someone who will help you with your problem.

Best Wishes,
Rebecca Resnik
Disclaimer: The information in this post is for informational purposes only. It is never intended to replace face-to-face psychological or medical care. This post is not intended to create a patient-clinician relationship, nor to give or rule-out a diagnosis.
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, How Much Information Do You Want About Yourself? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
521840_tn?1348844371
Rebecca Resnik, PsyDBlank
MindWell Clinical Psychology
Bethesda, MD
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now