ADD / ADHD Expert Forum
Adderall XR and Water diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD–ADHD) forum are answered by medical experts and professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adderall XR and Water diabetes

So i have been taking adderal XR 20mg for about 2 years now, and i know a side effect is dry mouth.  I therefore drink alot of fluids during the day, more than the usual person.  I always need to have a drink with me or I become extremely uncomfortable.  I have also been urinating alot, and sometimes to the point where I think i might not make it to the bathroom.  at night i normally wake up at least twice. (normally the urine is clear or close to clear) I told my doctor about my urinating problem, and he basically dismissed me saying i was too young for a bladder issue, im 25.  Anyway it has become a real problem in my life. So, I was doing research on bladder things and I read about nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.  it can be caused in adults by a reaction to medication. I was wondering if this could be a side effect of the medicine? if so is there anything i can do to control it short of drinking less water?  And is there any way to remedy the situation short of going to the doctor.  I do not have health insurance so it would be ideal if there was something i could do that does not involve doctors or prescriptions because both are quite expensive.  I would extremely appreciate any advice on this issue.  Thanks!