ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall and hypothyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Adderall and hypothyroid

Hi everybody,
First of all, I apologize for my English deficiencies (I am international student). So, I am 28 y.o., with hypothyroidism since I was 25, and I am taking 75 mg of Eutirox daily, which is a European levothiroxine brand. In March 2009 I was diagnosted with ADHD and started taking Adderall (adderrall) (15 mg, then 20 and two weeks ago a changed to 25 mg). The problem is that in the last ten days, more or less, I started feeling a lump in my throat, and I in panic, since I'm thinking the worst scenario (I have lost my father last October for pancreatic cancer, and since then, I have become a bit hypochondriac). I had my blood test 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine, but the sense of the lump is making me crazy. The Uni health center referred me to a endocrinologist, I'll go next week. In the meantime, I just wanted to know if anybody has the same experience...it is really frustrating, and I am scared it could be a tumor.