ADD / ADHD Community
COULD ASPERGERS BE MISDIAGNOSED AS ADHD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

COULD ASPERGERS BE MISDIAGNOSED AS ADHD

MY SON HAS HAD ADHD FOR THREE YEARS NOW DR WANTS TO TEST FOR ASPERBURGERS ( FORM OF AUTISM) IS THIS A NORMAL MIX UP?
This is just my opinion, but I think a lot of misdiagnosing goes on.  Autism and ADHD can be comorbid and often are-----  but ADHD has become quite the popular diagnosis.

My son has a developmental delay called sensory integration disorder also affecting the nervous system.  I've been alerted to the fact that he would have been very easy to misdiagnose.  As occupational therapy and lots of sensory activities (which he thinks are a lot of fun and are good for any child) have really worked so awesome for him----  I'm so glad that we got the right diagnosis in the begining.  

So I think you also have to listen to your head and heart and believe in what you're being told.  Good luck.  
I meant to believe in what you are being told in order to act on it. Or something like that . . .