Aa
A
A
Close
16893937 tn?1452196056
Congenital Encephalopathy manifesting as ADHD
Hi all, this is my first post here, hoping for some guidance...
Long story shorter- my son, now 5 years old, was the absolute easiest baby until he was between 2-3 years old. From there it has been insane... automatic shrieking when anything doesn’t go his way (from dropping something to not getting what he wants), trouble understanding things (almost like a loose connection somewhere), extremely defiant, loads of anxiety, poor/delayed gross & fine motor skills...
As of right now, his current diagnosis are:
- Congenital Encephalopathy manifesting as ADHD
- Aphasia manifesting as an expressive, receptive, and pragmatic language disorder with articulation problems.
- Developmental Coordination Disorder manifesting as delayed fine motor and sensory processing skills, leading to poor self regulation and Dysgraphia.
These diagnosis were given by our developmental pediatrician a few months ago.
At the time, I wasn’t concerned with what was on paper, I wanted to help make life easier for him, as everyday something seems like a struggle. Today, while at his 5 year old well-check with our normal pediatrician, she asked several questions about his diagnosis - which brought me home, searching for answers, as well.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you checked with a chiropractor? The sudden onset and variety of symptoms suggests a cause, which could be a shift in his spine which causes the signals from his brain to his body to become scrambled. It's worth a try! http://icpa4kids.org/Chiropractic-Research/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
189897 tn?1441130118
    Wondering if a closer look hasn't been taken into Sensory Processing Disorder?  It is something that would explain a lot of his symptoms.  It is diagnosed and treated typically by an Occupational Therapist.  And, it seems to be something that a lot of pediatricians do not know about.  Although, I would think that a developmental pediatrician would be aware of it.  Anyway, good link here - http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
SquirrelDime is ...smoking a cross joint Comment
Dec 07
937868 tn?1379188559
Blank
937868 tn?1379188559