ADD / ADHD Community
Could I have ADHD?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could I have ADHD?

Well, for starters, I've always had trouble with patience and concentrating. Even when I was very little I can remember getting grilled for my forgetfulness and tendency to zone out when people are talking. Even now, I have a terribly explosive temper, little to no patience, I get distracted very easily and hard as I try, I can never get anywhere on time- it seems like I'm always so distracted. Usually I'm completely absorbed in my own racing thoughts. In the instance that I'm not, I get completely restless and hyper. Waiting in lines is another thing I simply can't bear. I have to keep moving, keep racing through. There's no time for anything!! It must be done, NOW!!!
Another thing I've never realized is how loud and rambly I can be when I'm talking, something my parents so kindly brought up.. apparently, I TAlK LIKE THIS AND CAN GET SORT OF SPASTIC.

If this is ADHD, nobody would've ever noticed it before, probably because I'm homeschooled and I exercise very hard every day. On the rare occasion I take more than a day off, I go stir crazy. I pace. I jump. I run around the house and you can't shut me up. Yeah...

Anyways, before my iPod runs out of juice, I must ask- could this be ADHD?
Tags: ADHD
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes from what you have said it does sound like you have ADHD.
Blank
209987_tn?1334790318
I concur.

Ask your doctor for a referral to see a psychiatrist...only a psychiatrist can give you an accurate answer.

They will start by asking many questions and once it's determined whether (or not ) you have ADHD they may offer medications and/or lifestyle changes.

Good luck
Blank
From what you describe, it seems possible you may have ADHD, but I agree with seeing the psychiatrist for a proper dx, for that is who accurately diagnosed me. I never suspected ADHD because I was already being treated for depression and that was my focus. Once I started treatment, I knew she was correct with the dx, which incidentally took almost 40 years for a professional to see the problem. My coping mechanisms were so good I masked many issues that probably caused some of the depression!

Best in health!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on How much arsenic is i...
2 hrs ago
Blank
ZoeC16 added the Addiction Recovery Tracker
Dec 24
5944308_tn?1396482349
Blank
zerokewl123 Merry Christmas all my medh... Comment
Dec 24
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA