Aa
A
A
Close
Could I have ADHD?
Well, for starters, I've always had trouble with patience and concentrating. Even when I was very little I can remember getting grilled for my forgetfulness and tendency to zone out when people are talking. Even now, I have a terribly explosive temper, little to no patience, I get distracted very easily and hard as I try, I can never get anywhere on time- it seems like I'm always so distracted. Usually I'm completely absorbed in my own racing thoughts. In the instance that I'm not, I get completely restless and hyper. Waiting in lines is another thing I simply can't bear. I have to keep moving, keep racing through. There's no time for anything!! It must be done, NOW!!!
Another thing I've never realized is how loud and rambly I can be when I'm talking, something my parents so kindly brought up.. apparently, I TAlK LIKE THIS AND CAN GET SORT OF SPASTIC.

If this is ADHD, nobody would've ever noticed it before, probably because I'm homeschooled and I exercise very hard every day. On the rare occasion I take more than a day off, I go stir crazy. I pace. I jump. I run around the house and you can't shut me up. Yeah...

Anyways, before my iPod runs out of juice, I must ask- could this be ADHD?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yes from what you have said it does sound like you have ADHD.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
209987 tn?1451939065
I concur.

Ask your doctor for a referral to see a psychiatrist...only a psychiatrist can give you an accurate answer.

They will start by asking many questions and once it's determined whether (or not ) you have ADHD they may offer medications and/or lifestyle changes.

Good luck
Comment
Cancel
209987 tn?1451939065
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
From what you describe, it seems possible you may have ADHD, but I agree with seeing the psychiatrist for a proper dx, for that is who accurately diagnosed me. I never suspected ADHD because I was already being treated for depression and that was my focus. Once I started treatment, I knew she was correct with the dx, which incidentally took almost 40 years for a professional to see the problem. My coping mechanisms were so good I masked many issues that probably caused some of the depression!

Best in health!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2066718 tn?1431147169
Blank
TTC2006 commented on photo
2 hrs ago
982214 tn?1449518366
Blank
krichar Baby girl is 7 months now..... Comment