Aa
A
A
Close
Dream-like states??
Well, I'm 21, I'm not diagnosed yet with ADD and I don't know if this's even related, but whenever I'm about to sleep (and this means I'm not yet asleep, my eyes are open and I can hear any surrounding sounds) it feels as if I'm dreaming with my eyes open, not daydreaming, it's something I can't control and it's kind of blurry as I don't remember them clearly when I gain my full consciousness! It's happening so frequently and since years!

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Am I being too obsessive or this's something abnormal?? (Hint: I have OCD).

Thanks in advance..
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
   Ya, that is a bit unusual - I guess.  Never really run across it.  My first thought is a very simplistic  "close your eyes".  It seems to me like you are trying to fight the sleep.   Just relax and go with the flow.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
757137 tn?1347200053
Hah! When you hear animals galloping, don't look for zebras.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1972965 tn?1334858302
I have had the same problem in the past. I was told by a psychologyst that it was problems with REM, a stage during sleep. I also have nightmares, so I take a blood pressure pill (but dont have high blood pressure) and it does the trick for both.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Sara, this also sounds like a REM stage me.  I think this is something you need to mention to your Dr. and follow through on as soon as you can.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
8 hrs ago
Blank
day 4 - Concerta ER
Sep 25 by Amber98
Blank
Day 2/3 of Methyphenidate ER
Sep 24 by Amber98
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources