ADD / ADHD Community
Feingold Diet/Program

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Feingold Diet/Program

Has anyone tried this program/diet as a non-medicinal approach to add/adhd/behavioral problems?  If so, what resources have you used.  

My daughter was diagnosed with dysthymic disorder (depression) with underlying adhd behaviors.  I am NOT in favor of medicating a 6 yo and have heard great things about the feingold diet and other elimination diets to pinpoint foods/additives/artificial colorings/flavorings that can trigger allergies and cause unfavorable behaviors.  I am just now looking into this and could use some more resources to check into.  
The Boyfriend's nephew has ADHD and his mom recently started the Feingold diet. She's very strict about it and everyone in the family says that they've noticed a great improvement and it's only been 2 weeks. Yesterday, they went to Five Guys, which is an approved Feingold diet fast-food chain, but they won't be going back. They noticed a bit of the ADHD symptoms creeping back in. How is it working for you?
  Underlying adhd behaviors is an interesting diagnosis.  Doesn't sound like they are very sure of themselves.  Which is ok.  There are many things that can look like ADHD.  What kind of a doctor did you see?
  Diet is always worth checking out.  I have even seen cases where lack of sleep was the culprit for the ADHD diagnosis.  The site below covers most of the possible treatments, diets etc.  It should be helpful.
      http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/treatments.htm
hansen20 commented on photo
moonpiebaby lost a total of 55lbs. feel... Comment
Best Multivitamins for Men
5 hrs ago by gymdandee