ADD / ADHD Community
Feingold Diet/Program
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feingold Diet/Program

Has anyone tried this program/diet as a non-medicinal approach to add/adhd/behavioral problems?  If so, what resources have you used.  

My daughter was diagnosed with dysthymic disorder (depression) with underlying adhd behaviors.  I am NOT in favor of medicating a 6 yo and have heard great things about the feingold diet and other elimination diets to pinpoint foods/additives/artificial colorings/flavorings that can trigger allergies and cause unfavorable behaviors.  I am just now looking into this and could use some more resources to check into.  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
193137_tn?1367883663
The Boyfriend's nephew has ADHD and his mom recently started the Feingold diet. She's very strict about it and everyone in the family says that they've noticed a great improvement and it's only been 2 weeks. Yesterday, they went to Five Guys, which is an approved Feingold diet fast-food chain, but they won't be going back. They noticed a bit of the ADHD symptoms creeping back in. How is it working for you?
Blank
  Underlying adhd behaviors is an interesting diagnosis.  Doesn't sound like they are very sure of themselves.  Which is ok.  There are many things that can look like ADHD.  What kind of a doctor did you see?
  Diet is always worth checking out.  I have even seen cases where lack of sleep was the culprit for the ADHD diagnosis.  The site below covers most of the possible treatments, diets etc.  It should be helpful.
      http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/treatments.htm
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar Getting healthy Comment
3 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank