ADD / ADHD Community
Ritalin Addiction and abuse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Ritalin Addiction and abuse

I'm perscribed ritalin for my job so I can focus.  Several months have gone by and now I'm abusing it.  I'm snorting 5 to 7 per day.  Which leaves me without for 2 weeks.  I go through horrible anxiety, fatigue, can't sleep, have night sweats and don't want to do anything but stay in bed.  I have a job, and a 13 year old daughter. I can't keep doing this.  I'm going to be going through with drawl here in a week or so.  Does anyone else do this?  I love the speed feeling I get from it and can't stop doing it.  Should I just go to rehab or tell my doctor I have to stop taking it and go back to feeling bored, tired, depressed and not able to focus.  I'll probably lose my job.  What would you do?
Tags: ritalin
You need to get to your Dr and discuss what is happening to you.  You have a 13 year old daughter that needs you. Plus do you really want to take that type of risk with your health?  If the medication wasn't working to what you felt it should there may have been other alternatives that you could have tried.  Please call your Dr and get help.  Good Luck to you..Let us know how you are doing please.
I am freaking out. I didn't realize that I was breaking the law.  Plus when I see my shrink on the 28th I need to tell him I didn't use the scripts he wrote me for ritalin.  He's going to ask me why.  What the hell am I going to say? That I getting them from a different doctor?  Will he then call my doctor?  I only have enough to take 2 a day till my next perscription.  I have to do that or I'm going to go through withdrawal again.  I think I should take them like I'm suppose to next month because I'm freaked out.  My shrink is going to figure out that I'm getting them from another doctor.  I don't know what I'm going to say. Should I lie and say that I just stopped taking them?
   Essentially, you are addicted to speed.  It is an addiction and as you have found out it is difficult to break.  You really need professional help to do so.  This is no laughing matter - this addiction can destroy you!
   You need to tell your shrink and get his help.  There are none stim meds or even stim meds that cannot be broken open and snorted.  Point being is that you can get help, but you need to ask.  I really doubt that you can do this by yourself.
I totally agree with Sandman.  You need to ask for help asap.  Addicts lie.  Come clean with what you have been doing and get the help you need.  You should always read and be informed when ever you are put on a new drug.
Retalin can be habit forming and has potential for abuse.  Which now has been the case for you. I am not here to judge..I just want to strongly encourage you to seek help for yourseld and for your daughter's sake.
Try getting in befor the 28th.