Aa
A
A
Close
adderall advise
So I have ADD and just got 20 mg adderall from my doc 3 weeks ago. The first week went great and i was able to concentrate. I noticed a big difference with my homework and being able to able to concentrate in class. The second week went fine as well and i was starting to get use to the feeling of being on adderall. Now the third week was conpletely different. When i took my adderall I only noticed a slight difference in my ability to concentrate but as the week went on I noticed that my mind began to race during class and it became harder and harder to concentrate. Could It be that 20mg isn't enough for me? I was a pretty crazy person before getting treated and I like how adderall calms me down and allows me to concentrate. My doctor told me that I was just getting use to the feeling of being on adderall which i get but shouldn't i still be able to concentrate? I didn't argue with him because i understand that adderall is a controlled drug and i dont want to seem like im an addict but I need to be able to concentrate for school. Any advise?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
It only works for about 4 hours.  Is your mind racing the whole time or only in the afternoon?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The whole time my mind is racing. I can hardly tell I took it. It seems to calm me down a little but I still bounce my leg like crazy during class and I started to do the wrist movements that I did before I took adderall.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Plus it's 20mg XR(extended Release). So I am only getting 10mg at a time "technically".
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
189897 tn?1441130118
   Let your doc know what is going on.  Describe to him the difference between the first week and the last week.  It does sound like your body is getting used to the med and you should try a higher dose.
   Docs usually start a person off on a low dose and wait to see how they react.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on T Spine Dumbbell Twis...
16 mins ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Israel Proves the Des...
23 mins ago
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
hansen20 15 days to go! wow 2 weeks ... Comment
1 hr ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703