ADD / ADHD Community
adderall advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

adderall advise

So I have ADD and just got 20 mg adderall (adderrall) from my doc 3 weeks ago. The first week went great and i was able to concentrate. I noticed a big difference with my homework and being able to able to concentrate in class. The second week went fine as well and i was starting to get use to the feeling of being on adderall (adderrall). Now the third week was conpletely different. When i took my adderall (adderrall) I only noticed a slight difference in my ability to concentrate but as the week went on I noticed that my mind began to race during class and it became harder and harder to concentrate. Could It be that 20mg isn't enough for me? I was a pretty crazy person before getting treated and I like how adderall (adderrall) calms me down and allows me to concentrate. My doctor told me that I was just getting use to the feeling of being on adderall (adderrall) which i get but shouldn't i still be able to concentrate? I didn't argue with him because i understand that adderall (adderrall) is a controlled drug and i dont want to seem like im an addict but I need to be able to concentrate for school. Any advise?
   Let your doc know what is going on.  Describe to him the difference between the first week and the last week.  It does sound like your body is getting used to the med and you should try a higher dose.
   Docs usually start a person off on a low dose and wait to see how they react.  
It only works for about 4 hours.  Is your mind racing the whole time or only in the afternoon?
The whole time my mind is racing. I can hardly tell I took it. It seems to calm me down a little but I still bounce my leg like crazy during class and I started to do the wrist movements that I did before I took adderall (adderrall).
Plus it's 20mg XR(extended Release). So I am only getting 10mg at a time "technically".