ADD / ADHD Community
daily routine charts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

daily routine charts?

I've been advised to try visual routine charts for my sons and was looking for a website that would give me advice on how best to do this to best meet each of their needs/problems.does anyone have any suggestions please?
   Since these charts should reflect what you want them to do - its a pretty personal thing.  I don't know if any online resources might mimic your household situation.
   Basically, the charts are a reminder of the order of events that you want them to follow.  I would think that for your 4 year old it would have to almost use pictures as he doesn't read if I remember.
   Any chart like this should only be used as a reminder of the events that they should be following.  Do not use it for rewards or punishment.  It won't work.
  FOUND IT.  Just stumbled on a great site with lots of helpful parenting ideas.  This link is to a schedule that may help you with one you want to do.
Check it out.  Its - http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/683.html
    Happy Holidays!
I just wanted to thankyou for all your help and advice!!
My sons really benefited from visual routines and are all in the process for assessing them for asd's xx
   Thanks for the update.  Let me know how the ASD process goes.  Always kind of wondered how they do that.  But its really important to know what is going on because that way help - specific help - can be started.  Best wishes.