ADD / ADHD Community
side effects of Concerta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

side effects of Concerta

My 9 year old son has been on Concerta for about 3  years now and I am concerned whether it is true or a myth that ADD meds can stunt growth or slow down puberty process. Does anyone  happen to know?
They certainly do have some very adverse effects, put it into your Search Engine there is a lot of inform ation around about all the Drugs given to children for ADD and AHDD
I often worry about the lack of growth and weight gain in my son.  He is 50lbs at 10yrs.  He however, seems to be showing signs of puberty early.
Not easy is it for any Parent trying to do the best they can for their children,Put your question onto the Doctor Forum there is a site regarding ADD meds.
As a follow up to your Post, here what I have found recently in a good paper,"one recent study has suggested, "Food Supplements Treatment of ADHD may be of equal efficacy to Ritalin treatment" All children and especially those with learning difficulties, benefit from a Multiple Vitamin-mineral supplement with antioxidants, BCompex and Vitamin C.It also stated that the FDA called for stronger warning labels for stimulant drugs used to treat common types of Attention Deficit DisordersADD, The biggest change was to amphetamine-containing drugs for ADHD, Adderall (adderrall) and Dexedrine and Methylphenidates such as Concerta and Ritalin.