ADD / ADHD Community
side effects of adderall(adderrall) - swollen tongue and painful leisio...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

side effects of adderall(adderrall) - swollen tongue and painful leisions on the side?? how do i get rid of this???

i started taking the generic for adderall (adderrall) 3 d/ ago and i have a sore throat and my tongue is a bit swollen and i developed these lesions.. one on each side of my tongue and its very irritating and a little painful. at the dentist yesterday they told me its wasn't an infection but they thought it was a side effect from unknowingly clenching my teeth, and rubbing against my tongue due to the adderall (adderrall). i slept with a bite plate thing's last night to protect the sides of my tongue and they were a little better today. but now the tip of my tongue has all these little irritated taste buds and feels like i burnt it. i spoke to the pharmacist and he thinks its a reaction due to decreased saliva and recommended artificial saliva  to lubricate my mouth?  im 32 y/o. take 40mg of prozac a day and have suffered from depression on and off since my mom died 8 y/ago. recently ive been under an extreme amount of stress. other than this i really like it. it really helps me! what should i do? thanks!
BTW?? i take 20mg of adderall (adderrall) in the morning and 20mg more in the afternoon...
I have the same problem; sores on both sides of my tongue and at the tip of it, swollen lymphnodes, and excessive salivation. Due to my incredibly demanding schedule, I take considerably higher doses of adderall (adderrall) though, way more than any doctor would advise. In addition, I  drink 6 hour extreme energy shots every few hours. I go several days at a time without sleeping, and I often forget to eat until I get sick after a day or two. So I figured the oral trouble was a sign of something much more serious because of my lifestye, but since you only take 40mg a day and have the same problems, I'm not so worried anymore. I first developed these symptoms about a month ago and went to a specialist for it because I thought the sores might be cancer because I have dipped for several years. He assured me that it's not cancer and doesn't look to be viral. He said it's a chemical reaction to something I probably ate. I know it is a result of the way I abuse my body, but I am curious what the exact cause is and if it could be a sign of a more problematic, internal reaction.
I have these & I can't take it anymore...the rubbing of my tongue on the roof of my mouth & teeth due to the Adderall (adderrall) IR & XR...If I recall correctly, it all started when I switched from Adderall (adderrall) to the generic. Has anyone gotten any feedback to this problem? Thanks,
I have the same issues about the tip of the tongue burning and sides of my mouth getting sores.  I take generic amphetamine salts 20-20mg/day

If I don´t want this to happen at all what I do is only take adderall (adderrall) 2-3 days a week.

But maybe I should switch back to XR  if I don´t want this tongue pain...
Exercise without setting foot in t...
24 mins ago by gymdandee
JGF25 commented on Morning
gymdandee commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...