Acne Community
Accutane and Migraines?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane and Migraines?

I've only been on Accutane (actually, a generic brand of it) for ten days, and I experienced my first migraine on day 9.  I am unsure if the migraine could be connected to Accutane, but I did a little research and some instances of migraines have been reported by Accutane users.  I am just uncertain because I haven't been on it very long, but I am already experiencing dry lips, so I suppose I could be experiencing other side effects already, too.  

Another reason I'm curious is because I have had ocular migraines (flashy strobe light thingies in my vision) in the past, but no headache migraine to go with them.  But yesterday, I experienced an ocular migraine and it was followed promptly by a headache migraine, the first and only one I have ever had.  So, I wonder if it could be the Accutane, or just my ocular migraines developing further into headaches.  

Has anyone else ever experienced migraines as a side effect of Accutane?  Were they lasting?  How often did they occur?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. I experienced bad headaches when I started Accutane but, along with some of the other sides effects such as muscle pain, they decreased as my body got used to the medication.
For dry lips I recommend Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, it is much better than Vaseline.
Eloise.
Blank
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my question.  I'll look into the Elizabeth Arden cream.  I've upped my water intake, and that seems to have helped sum, as well as wearing lip balm at night.
Blank
some*
Blank
Boy am I glad to find your comment here! I am on my 6th day of accutane and have had 4 migraines since! Its terrible, if I don't have a migraine, then I have the aoura (flashy lights), my life is too busy for this, I cannot afford to stay home and sleep it off everyday. Does this EVER PASS?
Blank
My 15 yo daughter stopped taking accutane after severe migraines and light sensitivity at school. The migraines have not stopped since being off accutane and she now is chronically having migraines that wont go away. I am convinced that Accutane has caused this.
Blank
Idk if you will get this message,but if you do pls contact me back. I took this drug in 2005 about 1yr 1/2 later I started to have only ocular migraines  lasting 20- 60 mins @ a time. I am now so light sensitive I had to drop out of college I can only use a computer for about 15 mins at a time. I also am now diagnosed  w/ chronic migraines.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...