Hormonal Acne
I am 28 years old and have had terrible acne since I was beginning puberty around the age of 13. I had tried everything even Accutane which worked for a few months but its now back. I have recently within the past 4 years discovered I have Endometriosis and have concluded that the acne is primarily cause by the crazy hormone levels. I break out mostly on my chin and jaw line. Very seldom on my cheeks and forehead. I've tried every kind of soap and face washing contraption as well as home remedies. Are there any new drugs out there that seem to help with this type of acne? Im so tired of having bad skin.
Acne formation is due to a blockage of oil underneath the skin and builds up with bacteria causing inflammation and develops into a pimple. Several factors are usually considered to cause acne such as diet, stress, genetic, dirt hormonal imbalances, cosmetics, work-related and drugs.

Treatment options include topical and oral antibiotics, topical retinoids, hormonal therapy, dermabrasion , phototherapy and laser resurfacing. Normally a combination of treatments is followed and if nothing proves effective then dermabrasion and laser therapy are useful. You can discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi there!

The management of acne typically depends on its type and severity and without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation or suggest a management plan. While mild cases may be treated with external ointments, moderate causes may require systemic medications and the still severer ones may be treated through interventional procedures etc. When an underlying cause such as hormonal imbalance is suspected, it would need to be adequately treated as well. To keep your skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the area atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there,

I have also many pimples since i was in highschool but when i reached college i have been using different products of soap and astringent in order to minimize my pimples but my pimples still exists until my cousin advice me to use Eskinol with mixed cellydimizine and 2 tablets of Myra E. Just mix it together and use it for your cleansing every night. I'm still using it now and my pimples getting fade away. Hope it will work for youl :-)