Will i ever feel normal again???
if anyone has tried to come off of methadone, they know how hard the depression/mental anguish is...it is whats always made me relapse. both times. anyone know how long it lasts?? its soooo much harder to me than the physical part. :(

anyone with advice??

-jess
Hi jess,
  I hope this letter finds you well and safe.  Im in the same boat as you are sweetie! I am a methadone patient of 3 yrs before that i was on IV use with anything i could suck up in a needle, methadone has actually saved me but now im so addicted to the methadone. I tried, tried, tried to come clean from methadone and it only lasted 2 weeks,The mental pain as you stated is so much worse than the physical pain and that is what always got me to use again! I would feel suicidal and even make some attempts!! Do you suffer from any mental health such as BiPolar or Depression? I suffer from BiPolar. Are you on methadone for pain management or thru a methadone clinic? What mgs of methadone are you on right now? From what i been told by other methadone users the withdrawl can last up to a month if not longer, Like i said tho i never made it past week 2. Have you ever tried a taper schedule? The withdrawl is still there but not as intensive as cold turkey with drawl. If youd like to try a tamper schedule let me know and i could help you come up with one. I have come to the conclusion that my life on methadone will always be,Im on methadone for pain management, and i accept the fact that i need pain meds, as long as i dont abuse them i will be fine. Nice to meet you jess, Stay posting !! Keep in touch!

~Amanda~
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
crazeedoglady commented on OMG!!! I AM GOING TO ...
Feb 04
Sw_Dw_love Feeling depressed because t... Comment
Oct 05
Sw_Dw_love joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 30