822?1289703086
Addiction User Group
Will i ever feel normal again???
About This Group:

Need help with Addiction? need help understanding Addiction?? Please join our group! Youve come to the right place!! We will do our very best to help you! All Addicts And Non Addicts Welcomed!!

Founded by lostsoul30 on November 13, 2010
54 members

Will i ever feel normal again???

if anyone has tried to come off of methadone, they know how hard the depression/mental anguish is...it is whats always made me relapse. both times. anyone know how long it lasts?? its soooo much harder to me than the physical part. :(

anyone with advice??

-jess
1 Comment
Hi jess,
  I hope this letter finds you well and safe.  Im in the same boat as you are sweetie! I am a methadone patient of 3 yrs before that i was on IV use with anything i could suck up in a needle, methadone has actually saved me but now im so addicted to the methadone. I tried, tried, tried to come clean from methadone and it only lasted 2 weeks,The mental pain as you stated is so much worse than the physical pain and that is what always got me to use again! I would feel suicidal and even make some attempts!! Do you suffer from any mental health such as BiPolar or Depression? I suffer from BiPolar. Are you on methadone for pain management or thru a methadone clinic? What mgs of methadone are you on right now? From what i been told by other methadone users the withdrawl (withdrawal) can last up to a month if not longer, Like i said tho i never made it past week 2. Have you ever tried a taper schedule? The withdrawl (withdrawal) is still there but not as intensive as cold turkey with drawl. If youd like to try a tamper schedule let me know and i could help you come up with one. I have come to the conclusion that my life on methadone will always be,Im on methadone for pain management, and i accept the fact that i need pain meds, as long as i dont abuse them i will be fine. Nice to meet you jess, Stay posting !! Keep in touch!

~Amanda~
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20
mi6boys joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 14
VICourageous commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jun 30