Vyvanse vs. Concerta
I am on sertariline Zoloft and I am also taking a beta blocker called propananol- these two in combination with an adhd medicine sort of makes it lost its effect.  I need help organizing my thoughts and not misplacing things and a steady stream of medicine with out highs or lows.  What is the most effective drug Concerta or Vyvanse or any other suggestions? I have heard of daytrana as well, but I'm an adult.  I'm slowly getting everything back together.
Hello, I also have adult ADD and I have tried both Concerta and Vyvanse. My doctor wanted me to try Concerta for a few weeks and I didn't like it at all. It didn't agree with me. It made it feel depressed and NOT motivated to do everyday things. I was on a 36 mg dose and when I went back to my doctor I told him I hated it. He mentioned that there is a new medication called Vyvanse and asked if I would like to try it. With nothing to lose, I said yes. I do like Vyvanse. It works for me, I am happy, motivated, and just feel more like me. I don't have any side effects from it either. I've not heard of Daytrana before. So that must be a new one as well? Also I used to take Adderall XR and that is a great medicine as well. I just took it for so long that it started to not work and help me the same way anymore.
The truth is the chemistry in all of our brains vary.  There is no remedy or cure that is garunteed results for everyone.

I have tried Concerta the come downs were terrible.  I took Vyvanse and I just didn't find myself concerned or interested in anything.  I took Dexedrine and it's a miracle drug.  Less amphetamines than adderall and a lot smoother especially if you experience anxiety attacks!  I think daytrana would be embarrassing having a patch changing in the gym or something and plus I heard it made people seriously moody.  Which most do.  But you have to see the pros and the cons and decides what works best with your health and lifestyle.  Especially if you work out-- it definitely increases Heart Rhythm and can lead to palpitations.  Be careful never take more than perscribed and always write down how each medicine made you feel and what you are trying to achieve by taking these medications.
Hi I am 28 years old I am adhd i was on concerta for two months. Then my dr.changed me  to vyvanse  he said  try it you'll  like I think this is for u. Soo I did   I don't like it  makes me feel depressed n think to much about life.         y this likethat N that like this. Kind of deal. Vyvanse don't  last has long has concerta.    
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ladylattier is in planning mode... Comment
Apr 28
AbSL joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
bigred3aaa joined this group
Welcome them!
06/15