Agoraphobia Community
I can't eat or sleep.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I can't eat or sleep.

As of November last year my agorgphobia reared it's head once again. The first time it happened in my first year of high school. I ended up being homeschooled for 2 years and I returned to an adult campus. I did well and begun thinking it was a thing of the past. 6 years later it returned.

But here's my issue. Last month I got sick, around the 15th, and I threw up twice, just small amounts of clear fluid. I can't eat much since then, whenever I did I would feel dizzy and nauseous. It continued that way for just over a week.

I continue feeling nauseous now. Only I can't tell the difference between feeling hungry or being nauseous. I wake up at 3am and don't know if I'm going to be sick.... or if I need to eat a cracker. I sleep with a bucket next to my bed.

My other problem is that whenever I talk to the Dr about it they see that I'm agoraphobic and suddenly put it down to that. The other is that they also put it down to my diabetes, type 2. I've been on the cuss line since I was 6 years old and have never suffered from it at all and was told a few weeks back that I had become glucose intolerant and was most likely that way for quite awhile.

They just send me home. I feeling like bashing my head against the window because I know what the next day is going to be like. And the next. And I can't deal anymore.

Is my being unable to eat or sleep or doing anything really because of my agoraphobia? I really just need to know.    
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Understand your frustration at being labeled agoraphobic and sent home.

I believe it would help you to have a complete physical w/ blood work.

If your symptoms are caused by agoraphobia/panic disorder, there are ways to deal with it.

Has any doctor recommended therapy?  Medications?  Guess you do take meds for diabetes.  

One thing we know about anxiety disorders is that they are chronic and can fluctuate.

Your need for home schooling for a couple of years, followed by being able to tolerate regular campus illustrates this fact.

Hope you post again. Lots of us live with agoraphobia.  We are here 24/7: a keystroke away.
Blank
784558_tn?1276011429
See your Doc. & don't be afraid to give him the truth about how you feel about your diagnosis. Agoraphobia's mercifully not something I've experienced, but guess it's not nice for sure. As a layman I'd say you were likely to be suffering from anxiety at present. Don't be put off by a Doc. that you can't communicate freely with. Ask him to refer you to some other Doc. Be firm about that, you know your own mind better than anyone. Good Luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...