Wellbutrin side effects and weaning off
I have been on Wellbutrin 300mg Xl for about a year.  I have had some problems with lightheadedness since starting the medicine.  In the past three months I have had severe vertigo which lasts about a day.  Everything spinning, nausea and vomiting.  Can't move.  Could this be a side effect of Wellbutrin?  And if so , how would you recommend weaning myself off.  My GP doesn't think I need to be on it, other than the fact that I am about to have an "empty nest".
Hi there,
I am no medical expert, but from my experience with many antidepressants think you are having a 'delayed' reaction to Wellbutrin.  As far as weaning goes, best to go slow.  

My wish for you is this.  See a psychiatrist.  He or she is much closer to both the anxiety/depression issues as well as medications appropriate for mental conditions.

Will share that I have had GPs offer opinions or even prescribe head meds thru the years.  Rarely if ever was I helped by their well meaning but generic advice.

With an empty nest coming up, you are facing a big life change.  At the least a visit to a therapist is in order.  Your current condition requires help and soon.  

My best to you....