Agoraphobia Community
crying out for help:(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

crying out for help:(

hello everyone im Adriana and i am 16 years old ,years ago i was diagnosed with PTSD years ago and i have been going through different stages depression,bipolar all that good stuff so i was thinking my panic attacks and Agroraphobia would be just another stage too but im starting to feel differently about 7 months ago i got my first panic attack it was my sophmore year in highschool i started getting them every few weeks when i was at school or in a public place with my friends they progresively got worse and about a month after i started getting them me and my family moved across country to the east coast ever since i moved here they have gotten horrible i had to drop out of highschool and quit my job, now i dont even feel comfortable leaving my own room let alone my own house these panic attacks leave me breathless and scared i have been in this house for 6 months and havent left but about a few times because im scared im going to have a panic attack or i am having a panic attack i am left with no friends and no one to understand my situation i hate being the hermit who just sits in her house all day but i have no choice, my panic attacks leave me sleep deprived deppresed and emotionally exhausted i was never this type of girl i always had lots of friends always out and about and now i feel like im locked up in this house can someone please help me give me advice anything  i feel like ive been left with nothing no friends no support no hope i didnt want to get on medication but now i feel like its my only option im missing out on so much in my life i miss being outside i moved to this brand new place and havent even been able to experience it. im CONSTANTLY lightheaded and my doctor just says its allergies i was prescribed an anti anixety medicine at tthe hospital when i went for one of my panic attacks that got out of control should i take it? i just need someone elses input on what to do because im at my wits end and feeling worthless this self help doesnt seem to be working i want my smile back and my life back :( thank you for taking the time to read this it means the world to me
Hi I know how you feel. You CANNOT let it ruin your life. Anxiety and panic attacks are an on goi g cycle. I havent had a panic attack in a year and when I was having them I was always worried when is my next one am I going crazy. I took xanax every night for about 3 months and it truley helped It let my mind regain sanity.  Then I knew I wasnt craxy it was I was putting my energy in always worring therefor I was always panicking, does that make sense? You have ti keep busy go ti work go to school and take ur mind off of it I know its easier said then done but u cannot let this emotion ruin you
The light heaedness is your flight or fight response because ur always up and worrying please try and get back out there . Hope this helps you.
Adriana it's possible that you have seasonal allergies, they do really cause you to be very dizzy and very light headed.  So you could try daily Zyrtec or Claritin.   honey your doing the right thing I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you!  I personally know how hard is to get yourself better and build your support system!  Now, about your medication you should take it as directed on bottle and don't get scared by what stuff says, it's there to help and protect you.  Be careful reading posts like these ( well of course not mine : ) )ok, a lot of people will say weird **** about meds, but who knows they could be takin this and when it gets mixed up with that coagulant over there it causes this.  Some of us have tried every med in the world!  So please keep trying I hope you've already moved past this by the time my message gets to you so you don't need it! My lil sis has been upstairs for 4 years!