getting off of neurontin
Is it ok to go cold turkey on neurontin if switched to celexa? taking 1500 mgs a day been on it for bout 2 months ... was 4 months off of it before then ... k and before then was on neurontin for 5 years ... so will i have any withdrawal symptoms if i discontinue neurontin and only take celexa.... neurontin was prescribed for anxiety... celexa is prescribed for anxiety and depression
I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey on Neurontin. Going cold turkey on Neurontin can be painful and scary. Neurontin withdrawal has been compared to how alcohol withdrawal feels. You should slowly reduce the amount you are taking so that you don't get any withdrawal symptoms (especially because you have been on it for so long).
I certainly would not go cold turkey, that is not a good idea or a safe one. I would ask the doctor, nurse or pharmacist how to go about it, but, I am sure they will all say to do it gradually.