43 yr old sudden immune problems
I am 43 years old and about ten years ago started breaking out and gradually became allergic to certain foods and ALL alcohol. The last three years I have been on low dose accutane, although my derm wanted me to do a much higher dose, my body just couldn't take it so I do my own dosage of 20 mgs per week. I try to prolong it as long as I can. Now, on top of this I also take antihistamines for my allergies. I am basically dried up. My skin, which was once VERY soft and pretty is now tight and itchy, obviously from all of the dehydrating drugs. I have a great relationship with clean food and only imbibe on the weekends, though nothing crazy (i.e fast food). I don't drink flavoured sodas, eat junk or over drink (yes, I still drink). I am currently taking liquid vitamin D3. About 5000 IUs a day hoping that maybe this is the reason for all the "body wars" inside. I was tested and had a low, but not detrimental, number count on my vitamin D score. Is there a supplement I can take that will help with all this dryness? I can't bathe in creams any longer. They don't work, most stink and I wanna to work from the inside. Any suggestions?
I can think of a possible problem. Could you be suffering an overgrowth of candida? That would make for tight, dry, itchy skin. It would also encourage allergies..
I could see where you came up with that but I don't *think* that is much of a problem for me at the moment. Ive been on and off low doses of antibiotics over the years, though I don't like them and try to avoid them. Then I did a "cleanse" a few months ago and did the load up of probiotics. I've never really been a very *yeasty* person. Ah, there's a positive. :O)

I know the dryness comes from these two pills. I just need a remedy for the dryness until I can figure out what the heck is going on inside me. Gymdandee gave me a pretty good description/prescription to try.

Thank you though! ANY suggestions are freakin' welcome at this point.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

We can develop allergies to different things throughout our lifetimes as the allergy develops in response to a repeated stimulus.  If you haven't undergone formal allergy testing, that might be beneficial.  Under a doctor's supervision, foods that have caused allergies in the past can sometimes be added slowly back into the diet.

To prevent drying avoid frequent showers, over exposure to cold environment and use a humidifier in the rooms to avoid dryness. Also, vegetable oils can substitute as good moisturizers.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.