Allergies - Food Community
Food allergies and lips
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Food allergies and lips

Three weeks ago, I deviated from my normal salad dressing at lunch and decided to add about a tablespoon of green Tobasco sauce to my ranch dressing.  I always eat spicy food so thought nothing of it and love the taste of green Tobasco.  That afternoon, my bottom lip (and only my bottom lip) felt a little swollen and stingy, so I kept rubbing them together (I had lipstick on, so there was some moisturizing going on as well).  By that evening I had a few blisters.  I put ice on it and it felt better.  Over the next few days they seemed to pop and the skin was raw - just as a regular blister.  However, they are still not healed three weeks later!  I have resorted to using only Caramex to keep them moist, but hey keep cracking and don't seem to be healing.  They also seem to get worse every time I eat something spicy now, which I can't tell if its just an irritant or a cause now.

I am so frustrated!  I was hoping it would go away with no need to see my doctor, but I'm afraid that's what it may come to.  I have no history of oral herpes.  My husband does, but hasn't had a break out in a year or two.  In the meantime, I'm going to keep using the Caramex and no lipstick and see if that helps over the next few days.  Also, I haven't changed anything else in my diet or beauty routine.  Anyone have any ideas what it might be?
Hello hollinator,

Based on your comments, I think maybe a visit to your family doctor may
be what is needed. You said the skin on your bottom lip is raw. The fact
that your lip hasn't healed after 3 weeks would suggest to me a visit to
a doctor is needed. It must also be very painful. I once took a medication
which made my lips so dry, the skin on my lips just came off in pieces and
it was very painful. Good luck finding out what's going on.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...