Allergies - Food Community
Food allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Food allergies?

A few things have been "different" in my health.  I broke out in hives in late Jan without eating anything.  Then in March I was having difficulties berathing along with diahrrea, chronic diahrea.  Now in April, after starting to feel better, I started getting ithcy all over and waking up with scratches so I started using dove for sensitive skin wash and cerave lotion.  Those helped a bit,  Last weekend we went to eat.  I had white rice, grilled chicken, and black beans.  I had one of my husbands sweet potato fries which was mixed with fried shrimps.  Thirty min later I was flusing, itchy, had heart palps and shortness of breath.  I took two benadryls and used my asthma inhaler.  So worried about this I limited my foods.  Last Thursday I had the same reaction to salttine crackers.  I went to quest yesterday for bloodwork since my allergist wants to see if I'm allergic to foods.  This is all scary and I've barely eaten.  And after both allrgy attacks I have gotten diahrea, not the same day but the day after.  I don't know if I'm allergic to food or if I have a parasetic infection, I did travel out of the US in Jan to the dominican republic.  My IGE serum was high in Jan, about 1390, last month it was 1377 and it's being tested again.  I take claritin everyday but I still feel itchy throughout the day
I have similar symptoms. Its random food I eat that breaks me out in hives and leaving my entire arms itchy. I have huge scratches on my arms and even drew blood. I have been using vinigar. The regular one from my kitchen. 5% acidity. It stings because of the broken skin but it soothes the skin enough for me to sleep and wake up without blood on my sheets. My doctor says its stress also. The venigar is stinky but hey...it helps a lot. Hope it helps you. Good luck.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. IgE levels are generally elevated in people with allergic diseases. The normal levels depend on the units of measurement but it is generally 0-100.  If it is higher than 500 it can generally be a sign of parasitic infection. A stool analysis can help detect this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.