Hi everyone. I am a 29 year old mom to a 3 year old and here lately I believe I have developed a mild allergic reaction to peanuts. Let me start by saying, I have eaten nuts my whole life, never had a problem until now. Here are my symptoms: throat burns (even at the smell), mouth will feel raw as if I've been chewing hard plastic (especially the roof of my mouth), skin itches a little(no visible hives/rash), and right below my mouth in the "square" of my chin it gets red and feels chafed after I ingest peanuts, then my chin gets flaky like dry skin, but again no itching there. After about an hour after exposure, I'm ok, except for the chafed chin area. My husband fixed my daughter a peanut butter sandwich, (her favorite while I was across the house and immediately when I smelt it, my thrat was burning and now it feels like I've swallowed a cup of salt w/o water. I asked him why he fixed her that "type" of sandwich knowing I'm having issues with peanuts lately and he looked at me like I was crazy and said,"nobody is THAT allergic to peanuts." But I swear my throat is on fire and I was fine until the "wiff" of peanut butter hit me. So my question is, does it sound like an allergic reaction and can someone actually have a reaction just from the smell alone?
Try switching to organic nuts and other organic foods. This way you will know if it is an allergy or gmo's "genetic modified organism" It may look like a nut taste like a nut but its not a nut. They are modifying our foods making us allergic to foods we have been eating all our lives. Now we can't eat them anymore. But if we eat them in
organic we do not have the same reaction. So try switching to organic! And stay away from soy.
It is possible to gain an allergy that you haven't had before. I myself had gone through this with coconut. Growing up I had zero problems with the stuff, then about two years ago I was eating an ice cream that had coconut in it. It had been a long while since,I have had the stuff but in a matter of three bites my throat was nearly swollen shut. The only thing I could think of it being was the coconut as I have zero problems with chocolate or walnuts. It took drinking a lot of freezing cold water to be able to breathe again. Few days later I try something else with coconut and sure enough it happened again. After a nice observation it was verified I was allergic to coconut which ***** because I love gummy bears and nearly all of them are made with coconut oil. Save for poison ivy, I've never been allergic to anything in my life and found it absolutely crazy that allergies could happen just like that!
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.