Anger Management Community
I'm about to lose it

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

I'm about to lose it

I have some really bad anger issues & lately have been trying to suppress my anger to not hurt others, but it all ends up bottled inside me & I feel ready to explode any moment now. I feel less and less guilty about the thought of hurting people, and I'm afraid of going insane & hurting people I care about because of the stress. Can I get any advice on how to cope with anger in any other way than suppressing it?
Do something physical that is difficult.  My friend used to go out and chop wood, yelling the name of the person or problem she was dealing with at the wood and then chopping it in half.  Another friend used to hit one of those boxing bags that are kind of pear-shaped.
If your fear is that of hurting someone, you probably ought to see a professional about the anger issue.  Start with your primary care physician and he/she can direct you in a safe path to getting the help you need.

Before that, start an exercise program.  Even if it is just walking 1/2 mile a day.  But do it daily.... listen to music you enjoy.  Look at the good things in your life and enjoy them for what they are.

With the things that make you angry, look at them realistically. Remember, you cannot control other people but can completely control you.  That means that you can choose to react angrily or you can digest what happened and put it away in a safe fashion.

When I realized that I was not in control of everything around me, my life got insanely easier.

Good luck
You should go get checked out and see if you have a mood disorder like bipolar disorder. Counseling would be your best bet at getting better
Thanks for all the help on managing my anger. I'll be sure to take all of it into consideration