Anger Management Community
My sons fight all the time

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

My sons fight all the time

My sons 7 and 9 constantly fight over video games.  It starts out with arguing and then escalates to physical fighting.  I know it is normal for children to argue and sometimes fight, but I'm worried that my older son (the more physical one) might have an anger problem.  If he is behind or losing, his immediate reaction is to hit his little brother.  What are the signs that tell you your child needs professional help?

Many thanks.
This sounds to me like typical sibling rivarly.  When my own kids were young like that and began to fight over things, I would that the 'thing' away.  Sometimes i had boxes of toys in my closet.  Sometimes I would wrap them as birthday or Christmas gifts (just to be funny), but eventually they got the idea that fighting over things wasn't a good idea.  Blessings - Blu
hi and welcome. My brother and i were the same age difference and would fight all the time.I was the younger one. We did become worried when he started bashing me over the head with the living room chairs.
So to answer your question, the signs to look for are acts of extreme hurting or being a bullied to the younger son for no reason or even threatening to hit the parents.
They seem normal so far.
Hi.. Fighting this stage is very normal for the kids but try to advice your older son that don't fight with his brother.. When they get maturity automatically they will come to know their fighting's are very silly.