Anger Management Community
Nearly 10 and agressive

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Nearly 10 and agressive

I have a nearly 10 year old son he is very sensetive and very clever however he is very aggressive and looses his cool very quickly.  He will kick the wall if not worse, if I try and try put him in his place he threatens to hit me, I am worried that that he will do something that will hurt him or someone else.  How do I help my child and calm him down.
I'd have a good talk with the family physician for a starting point.  I would start journaling everything... what happened before an incident, what happened after an incident... trying to track triggers and the likes.

Your primary care physician knows this child as good as anyone (talking medically, of course) so I feel that is your best bet for a starting point.
It sounds like you have a cleaver 10year old boy who has a lot of built sup energy. You said your boy was clever is third any sport or activities he is yet interested in ? Can you encourah him to use his energy in a positive way . Have you asked him why he is anger and if third is anything going on for him you may not know about he may need someone to talk
to my main worry is he is treaternig you this he can jot get away with DOS he have consequences for he's behave you will be being him a Faber in the long run please don't be hard on your self and take care
I think you need to keep your son very very busy, he may be bored at school because he is advanced, and that could come out in unchecked anger. You can change that by challenging him at home, and by getting extra assignments. You've mentioned nothing of physical activities that he's involved in. Our kids spend too much time in the house these days, it used to be different when things were safer out there in the streets. A may need more activity than is mandatory for a child his age, he may need two hours of physical activity a day, and that means that you're going to have to keep up with him (before he can /does join a club). Can you spend more doing physical family activities together? and family games nights that challenges his intellect (scrabble, monopoly and so many more i don't know about lol)?  Often when we are faced with aggression we become fearful and that fear paralyze us. I would talk to a therapist about how not to be paralyzed by fear (it is fearful i know, but it's only going to get worse, so you have no choice but to deal with this now). Find out how to handle him, as well as have him talk to a therapist and find out what's wrong. Be careful to do the things that you can and not set him up for medication if it can be handled otherwise. Don't give up on diet, exercise, and intellectual challenge. Thanks for posting. You're family is in my  thoughts and prayers. God Bless.