Anger Management Community
am i angry or just paranoid?
About This Community:

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

am i angry or just paranoid?

For a very long time i have been feeling like everyone says bad things about me behind my back,especially my mother. I dont know if im just being angry,paranoid,or if this is apart of my bpd?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
hi Poe, most people talk behind our backs. Its an imperfect world with imperfect people.
Blank
I don't think this is as easy as being either angry or paranoid.  I think it probably has something to do with the bpd, but I am not a doctor so really I cannot give good information on that.

I will agree with Life360 that a lot of people will talk behind our backs.  In fact, I think its safe to say that nearly everyone talks behind our backs.  Not all of it is bad though... someone out there probably says "poendivaa is a real nice person" or "I really like poemdivaa.".  

The fact is, we can't control what people are going to say behind our backs.  It would be wonderful if it were all truthful or showed us in the brightest light, but we know that doesn't happen.  

We can only control us.  We can only control the way we act or react to such a circumstance.  If we've got no proof that someone is talking behind our backs, really... whats the use of worrying about it?  As I said, we can't control what they say or believe.  

I think the key for you is to always try to be the best person you can be.  Always be able to handle the truth, even if it portrays you in somewhat of a negative light.  I've come to learn in all of my years that if you are telling the truth, you are telling the truth!  You are showing the real you and there is a lot to appreciate about a person who is know for telling the truth.

I know its easier said than done sometimes, but relax a little.  Again, you can't control what others are saying, so just make sure you are putting the best "YOU" on display for others to see.
Blank
768617_tn?1371531434
Thank you so much!!!
Blank
You're welcome and I hope what I said made some sense.
Blank
3060903_tn?1390303996
Hmm are you angry because your mom says bad things about you behind your back that you know of? What is the dynamic that you do have with your mother? Could you work on it together, and could your relationship be closer?
Blank
4548110_tn?1362310994
I think you're being a bit paranoid. I'd definitely try to confront those people and find out whether they're talking behind your back. I'm sure most of them aren't.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Anger Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...