Anger Management Community
bad anger issues since rape

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

bad anger issues since rape

i was raped when i was 13 it was horrific for me and my family but as the years go on my anger is getting worse and worse to the point where i have hit my boyfriend. i hate the person this has made me can anyone please help me on what i should do to help this i've tried counselling but it does not help thanks
Was it the rape from a stranger or someone you knew? Your anger to me as a non professional is that the situation made you feel helpless, totally helpless. You were assaulted and made to feel incapabale to protect yourself. Maybe take some self defense courses. You will learn how to kick butt and also releave some of the built up anxiety and hatred you have hidden inside you. To be physically overwhelled by another person with no power to defend yourself is a very deep emotional scar. Straight boxing is good along with some kick boxing. Get really good at it. In about 6 month youll feel in control again. Why did you hit your bf?
That is a very hard situation to heal from. Some woman never do totally heal mentally that is.Having anger is something that you have gathered from not allowing yourself to heal. It sounds crazy but it does happen. One of my closest friends was raped at the age of 23 by two men at once... it was a very horrific thing and she almost died from the drug n alcohol they (seduced) her with...anger was one of the self-tormenting things she ended up having along with many other things.... its been almost 8 years since that happened and she has found it in her heart to forgive them for the wrong they did. it was a very hard time when this was going on... how can you forgive someone that hurts you so badly in that manner you ask yourself...?? You hold this inside you and its eating you up... your anger is what you are using to (in your mind) fight back.... the ones that love you and support you understand what damage that has done to you but you have to find it in yourself as a wonderful woman who has been dragged down a dark road for so long to say in your heart that you forgive the wrong and they will one day pay for what they have done... it all comes around somehow... please dont punish the ones that love you...talk to them and let them help you release this anger you hold inside... you have strong will to go day after day ... stand strong you will make it through this.....
I was raped also when I was 11 so understand it is very hard to deal with though I am a dude I have tried to talk to people as well but,it never worked foe me either so I kept it bottled up which made everythin worse but,if,you need,to,talk,i,am here