Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Can I give baby aspirin to my dog?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can I give baby aspirin to my dog?

Last November my vet said my dog may be starting to get arthritis, and told me he needed to lose 10 to 15 pounds, and that should help with his pain.  So far my dog has lost 8 pounds and looks and acts better, but still acts like he's in pain when getting up off of the floor, and doesn't like going up and down the stairs.  I've been giving him a baby aspirin in the morning, and sometimes one at night, every day for the last couple of weeks, and it seems to help.  Can I continue this, or is it bad for him?  Can you recommend another pain reliever that doesn't require a prescription?
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
german shepherd/chow mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 15, 2008