Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Ferrets lost companion

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Ferrets lost companion
I adopted two ferrets a year and a half ago that were neglected, and they are now 2 1/2 years old. Their names are Angel and Noel and they are not only very very attached companions, but also siblings(sisters). They did everything together, and when I would let them roam the house they followed each other everywhere, got into the same things, always played. Wherever one was, if the other wasn't right there, I knew she was always very close by. Yesterday Angel had a heart attack and passed away. It is extremely hard on all of us. I know this is pretty early to be worrying about but Noel is now all by herself, and I don't think she has realized that Angel is now gone forever. I know she will go through grieving but I am afraid I could lose her from lonelyness. Before that is possible I wanted to know if adopting another ferret companion would be in best interest or not? I am unsure of how she would react to another ferret. Please help me. When I call vets they are of no help, and I cannot find any information online. I am looking forward to your response
I would get another rescue ferret ASAP.  Getting to know the new ferret will help to ameliorate her feelings of grief for her sister.