Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Ferrets lost companion
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ferrets lost companion

I adopted two ferrets a year and a half ago that were neglected, and they are now 2 1/2 years old. Their names are Angel and Noel and they are not only very very attached companions, but also siblings(sisters). They did everything together, and when I would let them roam the house they followed each other everywhere, got into the same things, always played. Wherever one was, if the other wasn't right there, I knew she was always very close by. Yesterday Angel had a heart attack and passed away. It is extremely hard on all of us. I know this is pretty early to be worrying about but Noel is now all by herself, and I don't think she has realized that Angel is now gone forever. I know she will go through grieving but I am afraid I could lose her from lonelyness. Before that is possible I wanted to know if adopting another ferret companion would be in best interest or not? I am unsure of how she would react to another ferret. Please help me. When I call vets they are of no help, and I cannot find any information online. I am looking forward to your response