Animal Health - General Expert Forum
HeartZ Heart worm

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

HeartZ Heart worm
I was recently given HeartZ heart worm Medication to give me dog it's made by Cipla I am worried if this is safe or not to give my dog, I did an internet search and I cannot find anything about it except its used in the UK Its ingrediants are Ivermectin BP and Pyrantel pamoate USP, Do you know anything about this or have you heard anything about this product which might be unsafe?  I know heart worm from this country has Ivermectin and Pyrantel not what the product I have does.
Are you and your dog currently in the UK?   I am unfamiliar with HeartZ.  However, I think that Interceptor is safest as a heartworm preventative.

Please just use Interceptor for heartworm preventative.  Ivermectin has more side effects.